_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
logical order - paint storage
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 546 posts
Armorama: 316 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 08:07 AM UTC
any special organization tips for Vallejo model air colors on the rack?

example: white/ yellow/ browns/ blues/ greens/ blacks/ washes/ clears

trying to make finding the right color a bit easier.

thanks
Vicious
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 1,517 posts
Armorama: 1,109 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 09:52 AM UTC
In my OCD I organises in brands, colors and use ,little bit like you post above
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 10:54 AM UTC
Just a little too much over thinking for me,I just like to muddle thru the bottles trying to find the right one
plastic_slug
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2019 - 11:10 AM UTC
As Vallejo paints are numbered uniquely by the manufacturer, and a lot of instructions quote that number as well as the color name, I have my Vallejo stuff stored in numerical order. Makes it easy to pluck something out while referring to an instruction sheet...
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 - 01:24 PM UTC
I ended up buying three nail polish racks from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073TVMPZ9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

each one holds 72 bottles. I have them filled, just, and some colors have duplicates so as I complete some models I will be able to use up duplicates and replace them with different colors for variety.

it fits the dropper bottles, the bigger bottles of wash, and the citadel flip top jars of citadel shades.

I used a combination of suggestions, grouping color families, and then label numbers within those families. also, while now having a mix of V Air & V Color, I will be replacing depleted bottles with Air exclusively. even if I need to "2-coat" some details brush painted, I believe it will simplify my paint stores. a dedicated Color bottle for specific task can always be put into the mix.

thanks for the suggestions; progress continues!
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 - 09:05 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I ended up buying three nail polish racks from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073TVMPZ9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

each one holds 72 bottles. I have them filled, just, and some colors have duplicates so as I complete some models I will be able to use up duplicates and replace them with different colors for variety.

it fits the dropper bottles, the bigger bottles of wash, and the citadel flip top jars of citadel shades.

I used a combination of suggestions, grouping color families, and then label numbers within those families. also, while now having a mix of V Air & V Color, I will be replacing depleted bottles with Air exclusively. even if I need to "2-coat" some details brush painted, I believe it will simplify my paint stores. a dedicated Color bottle for specific task can always be put into the mix.

thanks for the suggestions; progress continues!

Good price for those racks,will they fit Tamiya paints at all ?
southpier
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2019 - 10:24 PM UTC
no; 7mm too narrow (each row). there's plenty of the same style to choose.

I tried some of the laser cut mdf style holders (https://www.hobbyzone.biz/organize.shtml) but in my limited work area, found them to waste space.
 _GOTOTOP