_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
Humber Light Recce Car MkIII - stowage scheme
Gary_GJK
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 08:30 AM UTC
My opening post on the forum, so here goes...

I've recently been trying to increase my knowledge of British scout, armoured and light reconnaissance cars, particularly for the 1944-45 period. I've just received a bundle of 'drawings packs' from the Tank Museum at Bovington covering Daimler, Humber and AEC vehicles in the above categories.

The drawings are helpful, but as I found out with a similar order for Universal carrier drawings, they don't always come with the corresponding 'key' for the items numbered in the drawing.

The stowage scheme for the Humber MkIII LRC falls under this heading. I can decipher enough for my limited needs, however I was wondering if anyone can perhaps answer a few queries or point me in the right direction to find the answers myself;

1. Is there a booklet or manual on the Humber MkIII LRC that includes an indexed stowage scheme?
2. The scheme I have is undated, but like so many 1942-43 era schemes includes the Boys anti-tank rifle, which was long gone by 1944. I'm presuming the space freed up by the deletion of the weapon and the two ammunition boxes that appear to be seen on the right hand side of the crew compartment, was used to mount the No.19 set from 1944 onwards?
3. Is there a later stowage scheme showing the LRC interior say late 1943 into early 1944?

Thank you,

Gary
 _GOTOTOP