_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
News
ICM: Chernobyl #2Set
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2020 - 10:01 PM UTC

ICM continues their Chernobyl series with a new set of vehicle and figures.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2020 - 11:50 AM UTC
That the set comes with "reactor core fragments" is slightly disturbing to me; you do all realize that virtually EVERYONE fighting the reactor fire that day died shortly thereafter? All the emergency workers, soldiers, press-ganged civilians. In short: everyone. The firetrucks, helicopters, armoured personnel carriers were all parked in a nearby field, too radioactive to even attempt remediation and are -largely- still sitting there. Grim topic for a dio indeed and a chilling period in history.
Smokeyr67
Visit this Community
Australian Capital Territory, Australia
KitMaker: 145 posts
Armorama: 137 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2020 - 09:20 PM UTC
Modelling deals with a lot of subjects involving death, I can’t see this set being any better or worse than, for example, a figurine of Rommel.
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2020 - 09:45 PM UTC
Agreed that there is a potential for poor taste.

However, these guys were heroes even if they didn't realise how heroic or devastating what they were doing was.

I think it would be fitting to remind ourselves how easily things can go so catestrophically wrong and how well people can rise to the occaision rather than see this as macabre.

We model all sorts,at least these guys weren't shooting at each other.

Probably beast to regards this as an important subject that is not to everbody's taste.

Regards Jason
pgb3476
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 977 posts
Armorama: 976 posts
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2020 - 02:43 AM UTC
I'm looking forward to the Firetruck, for sure.
Trisaw
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 4,105 posts
Armorama: 2,492 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 06:01 AM UTC
Whoa...

And here modelers are hoping for a modern 1/35 lightbar, police decals, 1/35 modern police cruisers, modern S.W.A.T. figures, and modern Emergency Vehicles.

Sure, the firetruck is welcome and it is set in the historical context of Chernobyl, but I would be hoping for a more modern fire truck like a 2020 International/HME CalFire Wildland brush truck or 2020 Striker Airport Fire Truck (ARFF) with way more modern equipment and parts that modelers could use than a vintage 1986 Soviet Union fire truck.

Sure, to each his own interests...
white4doc
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,086 posts
Armorama: 964 posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2020 - 12:26 AM UTC
I recall reading articles about the firefighters at Chernobyl in Firehouse magazine between ambulance runs years ago when they ran a whole series of articles on the disaster, the emergency response and the aftermath. I think I still have those issues in a storage tote, might be time to dig them out. This one I will splurge on, something public safety/disaster response related out of the box... Bring it on!
covkid
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 194 posts
Posted: Monday, April 06, 2020 - 03:05 AM UTC
Hi all, I will be getting this. If you are looking for sonething more modern. Trumpeter arw to release a HEMMT fire truck. I hope they will use their FAUN tanktransporter to make an airfiekd crash teuck as well.

Regards Jason
 _GOTOTOP