_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
dumb airbrush question
noobking
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 31 posts
Armorama: 31 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 01:46 PM UTC
Just received my very first airbrush Harder & Steenbeck evolution 2 in 1.
Opened the case to see the cap to the front of the airbrush laying unattached right next to the tip of the exposed needle.
Does this mean the needle may be damaged?
Should the cap not have come off during shipping, or worse, not been attached at all?
Is this something to be concerned about?
Again, this is my FIRST airbrush, and I am just starting out.
Thanks.
petbat
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 3,353 posts
Armorama: 3,121 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 02:11 PM UTC
Do you mean the cap to the plastic tube the needle comes in, or does yours already have the needle inserted in the body? If the latter, the nozzle should have protected it and even if that is off, the fact the airbrush is secured in the case should mean the needle is okay.

If the former, then it would probably move about in the plastic tube normally and pushing up against the plastic box insert should not have been any more damaging than the tube end anyway.

Look at the tip under a magnifying glass and if it looks okay, then the only way to make sure would be test the brush.
noobking
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 02:44 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Do you mean the cap to the plastic tube the needle comes in, or does yours already have the needle inserted in the body? If the latter, the nozzle should have protected it and even if that is off, the fact the airbrush is secured in the case should mean the needle is okay.

If the former, then it would probably move about in the plastic tube normally and pushing up against the plastic box insert should not have been any more damaging than the tube end anyway.

Look at the tip under a magnifying glass and if it looks okay, then the only way to make sure would be test the brush.

Needle was in the body, the nozzle unscrewed and right next to the needle tip in the case. My concern is that the unattached nozzle was banging against the tip during shipping, and damaged the tip.
I am new to this - this is my first airbrush, and I have yet to purchase a compressor, so I cannot yet test the airbrush.
Under a magnifying glass, the tip looks okay.
Having purchased this Harder & Steenbeck Evolution on Amazon, perhaps I should just return it.
The irony is killing me. All the time I researched this, finally thinking that, with the legendary Harder & Steenbeck brand, how could I go wrong?
Only to find out that H&S cannot even package/ship their product (in my case) properly.
Please pardon my frustration and bitterness - thank you very much for your reply.
Removed by original poster on 04/09/20 - 02:45:11 (GMT).
PRH001
Visit this Community
New Mexico, United States
KitMaker: 681 posts
Armorama: 603 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 03:22 PM UTC
I own multiple Harder & Steenbeck brushes and have never had a problem with their packaging, nor have I received one that wasn’t in perfect condition. It’s possible you got one that had been returned to Amazon in less than perfect shape.

If you are not comfortable with what you received, I’d recommend you return it for replacement. Eliminate the questions and be comfortable with a superbly made airbrush.

Just my $.02

Cheers
Paul H
noobking
Visit this Community
United States
Posted: Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 05:47 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I own multiple Harder & Steenbeck brushes and have never had a problem with their packaging, nor have I received one that wasn’t in perfect condition. It’s possible you got one that had been returned to Amazon in less than perfect shape.

If you are not comfortable with what you received, I’d recommend you return it for replacement. Eliminate the questions and be comfortable with a superbly made airbrush.

Just my $.02

Cheers
Paul H

Perfect solution.
This is what I will do.
Thank you very much.
 _GOTOTOP