_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
News
Dragon: Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.N s.Pz.Abt.501
varanusk
Staff MemberManaging Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain / España
KitMaker: 1,288 posts
Armorama: 942 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 10:02 AM UTC

It’s time to add another member to Dragon's Panzer III family, the Ausf.N, one that’s operating in the hot climate of North Africa with the German Afrika Korps.

Read the Full News Story

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Sunday, May 03, 2020 - 10:05 AM UTC
I really like it,I don't have any III'S in my stash
But not at $76
Removed by original poster on 05/04/20 - 12:29:38 (GMT).
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 12:30 AM UTC
Hi

So this is basically kit number 6431 released with some extra parts and maybe some parts deleted

Jerrers2000
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 42 posts
Armorama: 40 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 09:17 AM UTC
At the very least Neo Tracks and an Interior!
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 10:23 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi

So this is basically kit number 6431 released with some extra parts and maybe some parts deleted

Yes indeed. I don't think Dragon is even releasing any new tools at this point. I think all of it is consolidation of existing kits and swapping DS for Neo tracks and the partial interiors are all that's different.
PanzerKarl
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,439 posts
Armorama: 1,980 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 10:29 AM UTC
Rinse and repeat
Taeuss
Visit this Community
Manitoba, Canada
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 3,778 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 01:18 PM UTC
Getting rather tired of the semi-annual "Gee, looks what's new at Dragon!" campaign. I get updating kits or -better yet- offering completely new kits but this tinkering and parts swapping thing of theirs is getting really o-o-o-l-d and tiresome. As is the steep upward trend on prices. Rather little to really see in this tank to justify a partial interior, especially with a crewman filling the hatchway so I'd hunt-down the older release and save a few bucks. Plus I like individual track links better. Yawn.
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Monday, May 04, 2020 - 03:34 PM UTC
I wonder if they'll decide to consolidate some of their other products so we might get some armor with bobblehead crew figures.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 08:49 AM UTC
I can't see the graphics all that well. Is it an interior + engine or just the fighting compartment?
panzerbob01
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 3,128 posts
Armorama: 2,959 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 09:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I can't see the graphics all that well. Is it an interior + engine or just the fighting compartment?

Best I can tell, Bill, there is a driver's compartment interior shown in the second photo (showing the usual Dragon box-back detail stuff). (Let's be sure that we are talking the second image linked to the news link Carlos posted, and NOT that old 6431 box-back image as posted by Alanmac above.) I expect that the gun details and the exterior bits are all drawn right from the original 6431 kit that came out back in 2007.

Cheers! Bob
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 06, 2020 - 07:44 PM UTC
I can also see only the drivers and fighting compartments. Anyway, it's a Pz.III with at least some interior which gives them a head start on this one.

But lets be honest: I sincerely do hope the next wave of tanks from Meng/Takom/RFM/(maybe also Border Models) will be the Pz.III and variants after all the Tiger/Panther/Pz.IV kits... And those I expect to come with some decent interiors as well. And then the quality, detail, parts count, accuracy, and price-tag will decide. For all the impatient ones between us this one's the one to go at the moment it seems. But yeah, it is most definitely the standard DRAGON release policy of late: More of what we already have with some extra parts thrown in and a price-tag that is only serving one purpose: milking the cow as long as it is giving... oh well...
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 08:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I sincerely do hope the next wave of tanks from Meng/Takom/RFM/(maybe also Border Models) will be the Pz.III and variants after all the Tiger/Panther/Pz.IV kits...

Well your hope is starting to come through....

Whilst its part of Takom's Blitz range, in other words, no interior, it bodes well that an interior included version in the Takom line could be on the cards.
Lets not forget this coming up also
guni-kid
Visit this Community
Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
KitMaker: 521 posts
Armorama: 514 posts
Posted: Thursday, May 07, 2020 - 08:21 PM UTC
I know and I am super excited to see those, especially the StuG!

But they are hopefully just a first taste of what's coming our way, since they are - as you mentioned - "only" Takoms new Blitz-Line... They are not bad kits, don't get me wrong. But if it is another Pz.III for me then it must be a fully blown-out, crazy-parts-count, full-interior, insane-detail thing like for instance RFMs offers are... and THEN we're talking expanding my stash Sorry for being on the expense of Dragons offer discussed here
 _GOTOTOP