_GOTOBOTTOM
AFV Painting & Weathering
Answers to questions about the right paint scheme or tips for the right effect.
aztek 470
godfather
Visit this Community
Canada
KitMaker: 817 posts
Armorama: 465 posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 02:14 PM UTC
I'd like to know if nayone has a clear set of instructions on how to set up teh "roller" so that I can use it for double action. I follow teh video instructions but my paint does not stop spraying as it should. If you own the aztek I think you will know what I am talking about.
ArmouredSprue
Visit this Community
South Australia, Australia
KitMaker: 1,958 posts
Armorama: 1,003 posts
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2002 - 09:33 PM UTC
Hi!
I got an Aztek and it works properly for me, so try it:
turn the roller all to the left side (counter clock wise), and than slowly turn to the right until it become to spray, just simple like that...
Cheers
shiryon
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 876 posts
Armorama: 606 posts
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2002 - 01:57 AM UTC
Maybe this will help. the double action works as follows....

When youu press down on the black trigger you allow air to flow through the nozzle

The further to the rear you drag the trigger the more paint gets add to the air flow

with this in mind if you set the rear wheel all the way to the left you in effect closing a "'valve' which keeps the paint from entering the flow. As you move the the wheel to the right you gradually in crease theamount of paint that can enter the air flow.

Soeven though you have opened the paint flow you neeed to press down and draw back on the trigger. the less paint flow that you have allowed the further back to the rear you need to pdrag the trigger.

With experience and trial and error you'll learn the feel of the Aztek, As the video says practice. Hope this helps, It s the best I can explain it.

Josh Weingarten
aKa shiryon :-)
 _GOTOTOP