_GOTOBOTTOM
Яusso-Soviэt Forum: WWII Soviet Armor
For discussions related to WW2 era Soviet armor.
KV-1 in Progress
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 12:03 AM UTC
KV-1 from Trumpeter. Bought this kit last night and completed it today. That's about 7 hours of nonstop kit work. Now awaiting primer to cure and it's a paint away.

Construction review coming soon!
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 01:18 AM UTC
Hey there Ralph. I didn't know this kit was released. So, how was it? Good fit and goes together well?
It looks like a pretty clean build.
sgirty
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 1,315 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 01:26 AM UTC
Hi, Looks like a very nice kit just from the little things I can see. And a very clean build on it too. Man you must have been really anxious to get to it. Ha, ha! Looks really good. Am really looking forward to your review of this kit ans I see that is already is going to be a 'must have' here-abouts too.

Thanks and take care, Sgirty
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 01:26 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey there Ralph. I didn't know this kit was released. So, how was it? Good fit and goes together well?
It looks like a pretty clean build.

Well, the Philippines got it's clutches on it first :-) :-) :-) Detail is nice, good fit, some minor flashes to clean up. I just don't like the plastic quality. It's has some kind of slippery coating so you need to wash the sprues first with soap and water.
Alpenflage
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 1,120 posts
Armorama: 1,002 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 01:36 AM UTC
Looks good so far. How was the oveall fit ?

Guess I will need to pre-order a few of these to have on the shelf.

How are the kit tracks ?

Cheers !

Alpen
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 02:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Looks good so far. How was the oveall fit ?

Guess I will need to pre-order a few of these to have on the shelf.

How are the kit tracks ?

Cheers !

Alpen

Overall fit is nice. Think about Tamiya-quality. I had no fit problems. It was a breeze. I am going to use the rubber tracks for this one so I can't comment on how the indy tracks would do. Both tracks has some kind of slippery coating in them, better wash them first with soap and water.
mac
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 151 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 04:42 AM UTC
That's a nice clean build (as others have stated). The application of primer is also very smooth. Which brand did you use? Are you going to go with a khaki paint job or Soviet Green?

I have a 1/72 PST KV-1 waiting in my closet and yesterday Zologa's Osprey book on the KV's. Glad to see others have the same interest. Can't wait to see it finished.

...Kevin
rv1963
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 1,888 posts
Armorama: 315 posts
Posted: Saturday, July 09, 2005 - 07:22 AM UTC
Nice build so far Ralph sounds like a nice kit it may be a good replacement for the old tamiya kits i may try one myself, is it going to be the standard Russian green or maybe some camo.
shonen_red
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 01:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

That's a nice clean build (as others have stated). The application of primer is also very smooth. Which brand did you use? Are you going to go with a khaki paint job or Soviet Green?

I have a 1/72 PST KV-1 waiting in my closet and yesterday Zologa's Osprey book on the KV's. Glad to see others have the same interest. Can't wait to see it finished.

...Kevin

Thanks mac! I'll stick to the Soviet green on this one. Any green shade you can recommend? I was thinking of using Olive Green from Tamiya.
Diablo
Visit this Community
Gelderland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 1,699 posts
Armorama: 433 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 01:30 AM UTC
looks like a nice build,i want to try the new trumpetter kits kv-1 and kv-2 and it would be great if you used olive green,becauese i want to try that to on these kits.so if you do ,let me see the results if you can .
greetz jeroen........
mac
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 151 posts
Armorama: 106 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2005 - 01:54 AM UTC
On my BT-7A I used Model Master Soviet Armor Green and thought it was a bit too dark, but this was in 1/72 and my lightening didn't work as well as I had hoped. Next I'm going to try PollyScale's version which looks like it has much different tones.

http://photos.kitmaker.net/showphoto.php/photo/83499/cat/14825/page/1

...Kevin
 _GOTOTOP