_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Panther! Inside Story Pt 4
Teacher
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,924 posts
Armorama: 3,679 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 12:26 PM UTC
If you're fed up with getting photo etch in a kit, when you thought plastic would have been better, then have a read of Panther - The Inside Story Part 4 from Dragon.

Vinnie

Panther - The Inside Story Part 4

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
chefchris
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,544 posts
Armorama: 1,464 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 03:54 PM UTC
The hits just keep on coming. I am really looking forward to these Panther kits. I wonder if the Erastz (sp?) Panther kit will contain all this detail and the correct sheet metal and associated hardware.

thanks for sharing Teach'

Chris
thedutchie
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,299 posts
Armorama: 919 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 04:04 PM UTC
Wow. THe guide horns look very cool. Looks like Dragon has really done their homework.

Thanks Vinnie
SEDimmick
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 08:16 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Wow. THe guide horns look very cool. Looks like Dragon has really done their homework.

The only problem I see with this is what about the couple guide horns that peak out back where the roadwheels are? Are they Solid?

As much as I hate to see another German armor release, they do have some nice ideas, though I could use without the marketing gimmicks that DML is now known for with their kits
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 08:40 PM UTC
Greetings all,

At some point I'm going to have to get some German Armour to off set against the Shermans. Who knows, this might be the kit. I'm all for Plastic v PE as what little experience I have with PE has been trying to say the least.

Another nice move Dragon.

Cheers to all.

Al

Moezilla
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,161 posts
Armorama: 542 posts
Posted: Monday, July 10, 2006 - 08:55 PM UTC
I love the idea of having plastic vs PE, my first experiences with PE have been less than stellar to say the least. lol I very much welcome the chance to use a plastic piece that is closely matched to a PE part. I can't wait for this kit!
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 12:56 AM UTC
Im all for these new kits, and as much development in their moulding as possible.
The only new kit I´ve built to date (well 50% built) was the 251 - 3´n´1 - D version. Eventhough it had the magic tracks, they all suffered from ejector marks on each link, and I felt it was easier to clip the older set instead (kit had both) as these were free from ejector marks. Ive just finished the Dragon panzer III M/N and each track had 2 ejector marks per link and took quite a bit of a day to clean up.

Have the newer kits been an improvement on this issue? Will the smart kits avoid it alltogether?
thebear
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 3,960 posts
Armorama: 3,579 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 01:23 AM UTC
Hi Vinnie ..I've been following this tank here and on the Dragon site ....I noticed one thing that would be really cool if Dragon could add to the kit ...How bout they add the late rear stowage box for IR equipement ..That would be the first time it would be in a plastic kit ..
Don't know how close you are to these dragon guys but if you could suggest it ....

Rick
 _GOTOTOP