_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
Armored car photographs.
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 09:04 AM UTC
I just thought I would share some of my armored car photographs with everyone. The vehicles are located at CFB Shilo in Manitoba Canada.

The second photograph shows the true size of the vehicle as I am the one standing next to it and I am 6' 1".

I would have taken more photographs of each vehicle from different angles. However my camera broke right off the bat and I had to go buy some disposable cameras at the store that they have there on the base. So needless to say I didn't get all of the photographs that I wanted.

Anyway I just wanted to share.

HARV
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2006 - 04:37 AM UTC
Thanks for sharing Randy. It is really too bad you couldn't have gotten more photos. I'd love to see more of the Otter and Humber Scout Car. Any more info on those particular vehicles? The Markings on the Humber look, well, weird (non-authentic maybe?).
HARV
Visit this Community
Wyoming, United States
KitMaker: 3,098 posts
Armorama: 1,236 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 23, 2006 - 06:51 PM UTC
I won't repeat the words that I used when my camera stopped working. It was brand new and only had a couple of rolls of film ran through it.

The third and fourth photographs are of vehicles donated by a private collector. It was in his will that these vehicles be donated to CFB Shilo. These two are among several that he donated. I don't know if he did the restoration himself or had someone else do it. So that might explain the odd markings.

If you can get to the base it is well worth the visit. You can arrange for private tours of all of the vehicles and equipment. The vehicles and equipment that he donated are all indoors. There is everything there from a WWI German trench mortar to a restored Sherman. There are several vehicles and artillery pieces sitting at the CFB Shilo museum as well.

Here are a couple of links. They are not the best but they are what I could find.

HARV

http://www.artillery.net/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CFB_Shilo
 _GOTOTOP