_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
ToRo (Poland) New 1/35 Figures
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 10:40 AM UTC
Just posted, news of four new 1/35th scale figures designed specifically round the ''Home Army'' of the Warsaw Uprising in 1944. This is a continuing theme with the manufacturers, Toro Model of Poland and the new releases, can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 02:07 PM UTC
Greetings all,

These look great. Ah, isn't it nice to see something new and interesting - like a breath of fresh air.

Al
jlmurc
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,267 posts
Armorama: 969 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 02:10 PM UTC
This is excellent as the uprising is an important piece of history in the closing years of the war. Hopefully we shall see some dioramas based around this action. Having looked at their website the prices are excellent value.

John
Pilgrim
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 516 posts
Armorama: 417 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 02:19 PM UTC
These look really good - but on a personal level, what dreadful timing! I'm 2 or 3 hours away from finishing Dragon's Hetzer (early), which comes with decals and a paint scheme for a version pressed into Polish service during the Warsaw uprising... I decided not to build that version because of the lack of figures to put around it

These look so good that I'm tempted to strip it down and repaint it though.

I hate making decisions :-)

Sean
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 05:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

what dreadful timing! I'm 2 or 3 hours away from finishing Dragon's Hetzer (early), which comes with decals and a paint scheme for a version pressed into Polish service during the Warsaw uprising... I decided not to build that version because of the lack of figures to put around it

Geez Sean , do you realise you and you alone made these figures come to fruition by your actions? :-) Give you a tip... Keep your Hetzer as is, and buy another to show us
Cheers
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 05:26 PM UTC
Nice to see new areas opening up.
Look like nice figures.
Pilgrim
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 08:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Geez Sean , do you realise you and you alone made these figures come to fruition by your actions? :-) Give you a tip... Keep your Hetzer as is, and buy another to show us
Cheers

Brad, my stash is quite big enough without you encouraging me to buy more!! :-) I could see if the Poles nicked any other armour from the Germans and use the decals on another kit...

The Hetzer was (is) a nice OOB build. No fit problems, and not much clean up required. The included PE was very thick and difficult to fold (particularly rounded rather than angled pieces) even after annealing it. i really built it to try some of the techniques in Mig Jimenez's FAQ book. Obviously, when it's finished I'll post some pics.

NB: Tim Sloan's Dragon AMoM this month is the same kit, but he's added Eduard PE (and more skill ) to the kit I built.

Sean
Pedro
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Pomorskie, Poland
KitMaker: 1,208 posts
Armorama: 1,023 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 08:49 PM UTC
Sean,
During the Warsaw uprising Poles did capture the Hetzer (as far as I remember they probably didnt use it against Germans anyway), two Panthers (Ausf's G? actually used in street fighting by it'snew owners),and a halftrack (sdkfz 251, IIRC) as well as a number of smaller vehicles such as trucks and kubels...

HTH
Greg
Pilgrim
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 02:18 AM UTC
Greg, That's fantastic, and really helpful. I have a Panther G in the stash. I bought it on ebay because it was cheap, and then realised I didn't know what to do with it!

Do you know of any references so I can work out the relevant camoflague scheme?

Thanks for the heads up though: I have a seed of inspiration gestating now

Sean
Removed by original poster on 10/10/06 - 14:59:52 (GMT).
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 01:00 PM UTC

This is from Militaria Publishing - Text is in Polish, but all photos/color plates have the text in English...

http://www.jadarhobby.waw.pl/militaria-warsaw-1944-p-1906.html

Pilgrim
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 09, 2006 - 01:28 PM UTC
Thanks Jim, that looks to be just the job

Funnily enough, yesterday my wife asked me what i wanted for Christmas... now I know.

By the time I've assembled everything I should just have finished the Campaigns I'm involved in (being the slow builder that I am) so this can be next summer's build.

Sean
dronek75
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 64 posts
Armorama: 53 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 02:56 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sean,
During the Warsaw uprising Poles did capture the Hetzer (as far as I remember they probably didnt use it against Germans anyway), two Panthers (Ausf's G? actually used in street fighting by it'snew owners),and a halftrack (sdkfz 251, IIRC) as well as a number of smaller vehicles such as trucks and kubels...

HTH
Greg

Yes they did capture Hetzer which wasn't used against Germans along with some Panther tanks and some other vehicles.
 _GOTOTOP