_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas
Do you love dioramas & vignettes? We sure do.
My latest dio
harrier1
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 484 posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 09:53 PM UTC
Hi Guys
Here are some pics of my latest dio, it is not yet finished, it is supposed to depict a German 88 and its crew somewhere near Stalingrad, What do you guys think?

Cheers, Nick :-)
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 10:09 PM UTC

AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, October 30, 2006 - 10:15 PM UTC
My first question is why are the figures in snow acmo when the grass is that green?
How did the gun get into the emplacement?
Why is theire equipment tossed about like that on the grass? The coat is sculpted to be hanging from the collar, not laying flat.
HONEYCUT
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 4,002 posts
Armorama: 2,947 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 02:11 PM UTC
Gday Nick
Don't know much about artillery emplacements, but have to agree with Al re the placement of the gun vs. trailer... Unless you depict access, it is hard for someone to view this 'snapshot' in time without wondering how this happened...
The figures look the part though, and I assume there is to be snow laid around...?
As for that jacket, it really would look the part hanging off one of the trailers... I'd get rid of the heavy MG with the ammo belt; just doesn't look right... Also the equipment should be a little more formally organised; if there is to be snow, then they do not want to be laying in it!
Have you thought maybe to raise the gun pit to the same level, and just have a sandbagged emplacement?
These are all just suggestions, so take them as just that
Let us know your actions!
Cheers
Brad
harrier1
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 613 posts
Armorama: 484 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 06:37 PM UTC
Hi Guys,
@ Al and Bradley, The coat I will hang off one of teh bogeys as you suggest, I am going to put some snow down, as to how the gun got there I had not thought of this, do you think it needs a ramp down in to the pit maybe?

@ Al , Thanks for reposting the pics, I don't know what i did wrong! The equipment can be moved as it is not glued down yet, My thinking was that they would have taken it off and put it there,

@ Bradley, yeah the MG will go.

Nick
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 - 06:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

@ Al , Thanks for reposting the pics, I don't know what i did wrong!
Nick

My pleasure.
When you clicked the IMG button and pasted in the URL, you left in the mnemonic "image.file." like this:
h t t p ://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p47/lowey52/DSC_0097.jpg/image.file
It should have looked like this:
h t t p ://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p47/lowey52/DSC_0097.jpg
I right clicked on the red x and looked at the address under the "properties" tag and the coding error was pretty clear.
 _GOTOTOP