_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
DML's Latest Sherman in 1/72nd
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 01:49 PM UTC
Just posted - details and images of DML''s latest Sherman in 1/72nd scale: DRA 7311 - Sherman M4A4. The new kit, which is scheduled for release next month, is a clear indication as to why ''Braille-Scale'' is now reaching new hights of detail and well worth considering as an interesting ''alternative'' to 1/35th. The full report can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Littorio
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,728 posts
Armorama: 504 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 02:04 PM UTC
Thanks Jim for the news, thats another to add to the growing to buy list.

Now all I need is a couple of 79th Armoured 'funnies'

Ciao
Luciano
Drader
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,791 posts
Armorama: 2,798 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 07:38 PM UTC
Is the tank in the artwork Balaclava? - the original Balaclava was a Sherman III. Not a huge problem as there are plenty of other alternative markings on the sheet, and maybe Dragon will do a Sherman III soon.

And only yesterday I was thinking how good it would be to have a decent Braille scale Sherman V. And here it is

David
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 - 08:42 PM UTC
I posted about it last night, it was the obvious follow up to the Firefly VC. They already had the early 75mm turret from the M4A1 and then had the M4A4 hull from the Firefly. I'm hoping they delve into the HVSS suspension since the quality of detail on the Trumpeter Shermans isn't even on par with the old Esci Shermans.

Between Dragon, Eduard/ExtraTech and the old Esci Sherman, we've got quality hulls of all Shermans but the M4A2. Hopefully the M4A4 will stay on the shelves longer than the Firefly did. I found one and haven't seen another at the local shops.
 _GOTOTOP