_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
N'Berg '07 - Dragon Models for 2007
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 02:12 PM UTC
The latest instalment of the N''Berg ''07 reports, looks at the announced releases from Dragon Models Limited for 2007. The report was compiled principally through their new catalogue. Saying that, this is NOT the definitive release list for 2007 but rather the ''taster'' of what to expect. The full report can be seen:

N'Berg '07 - DML Releases

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 - 03:58 PM UTC
Most of it known already. However, good news can be repeated more than once.

I am really looking forward to the DRA6357 - 10.5cm 'Dicker Max''.
mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,593 posts
Armorama: 1,465 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 01:34 AM UTC
Ugh!, just far too many kits for my poor wallet to cope with... :-)
FuNsTeR
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 273 posts
Armorama: 243 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 01:46 AM UTC
no mention of 1/72 armour ... a late Hetzer and some modern soviet armour wouldn't go amiss hint hint Bmps, T 80 or T 90 would be cool
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 11:04 AM UTC
Brad, regarding 1/72nd scale armor, pickings are a little thin on the ground AT THE MOMENT....

What i'm thinking of doing, is ONE news story covering several manufacturers, specifically for the Braille-Scale builder. DML hasn't listed very much which is new in their catalogue but there is some EXTRAORDINARY material from Mirage, Academy and through CMK. It hasn't been forgotten about, it's just that I have been so busy with other reports...
Henk
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 6,391 posts
Armorama: 4,258 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 11:21 AM UTC
Ohh, not another variant of that American Halftrack.

Kidding, just kidding.. :-)

It does show that eventually the manufacturers do seem to listen. Not only a halftrack, but also Infantry. A good start for Allied builders. I think this is going to be a very good year for Allied models and figures.

Cheers
Henk
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 06:26 PM UTC
Yeah I totally agree with Henk. It seems the eternal debate between Allied and german fans finnaly arrived to the ears of producers and they apparently draw their conclusions from that. Maybee we will have the economic proof allied stuff do sell !!!!!!
Now, listen to me, dear and generous producers, half god for us, poor modellers tired of scratching allied figure. Your eyelid are heavy, you hear anything except my voice, you open your brain to my says : "release a set of French ww2 troops, just choose, we will buy, ".
Thanks
A faithfull modeller.
jaydar
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 13 posts
Armorama: 10 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 08:01 PM UTC
Where are the Stykers? Did they consider it to be a 2006 kit?

joe.
airborne1
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 915 posts
Armorama: 797 posts
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2007 - 06:40 PM UTC
Jim,

What would be good would be to see Dragon to bring out crews that actually fit in their models without too many adjustments to the figures or the placing in the vehicle compartments.
They have started with the release of the 2cm crew As well as their hanomag crew but ....
For example we have: The M2 US halftrack
The plethora of various german half tracks .
As well as the numerous open topped self propelled vehicles they do .

This would be a big step for Dragon
The figures give a sense of life and realism to the vehicle .

Because of there slide technology I would have thought this would be advantagous for Dragon to take on board

There is a small grey area where Model manufacurers do not provide crews with thier models and its left to the aftermarket resin manufacturers to provide .

With the release of some of MiniArts figures it looks like they have identified an area that has to be addressed .

By the way I'm a 100% dragon follower and congratulate them on
advancing into 1/32 aircraft like the P51 Mustang

My 2 cents worth

Cheers
Michael

FuNsTeR
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2007 - 07:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Brad, regarding 1/72nd scale armor, pickings are a little thin on the ground AT THE MOMENT....

What i'm thinking of doing, is ONE news story covering several manufacturers, specifically for the Braille-Scale builder. DML hasn't listed very much which is new in their catalogue but there is some EXTRAORDINARY material from Mirage, Academy and through CMK. It hasn't been forgotten about, it's just that I have been so busy with other reports...

Jim ..... Trumpeter seems to have a fair number of new 1/72 armour kits scheduled for this year, including nearly every Stug 3 variant and several KV variants as well .... hopefully they are a improvement on their Sherman kits

it would be cool if you did do a news story for braille scale modellers like myself as i have enjoyed your kit reviews
Kinggeorges
Visit this Community
Barcelona, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 1,380 posts
Armorama: 845 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 12:39 AM UTC
Michael,

Don't worry, Dragon is going to release a self propeled gun crew for panzer which looks good.
From what I've heard, understood and read, Dragon will release a very few figure set this year. Do they want to make us the surprise ?? and release tons of figs ?
I had the opportunity to see Zvezda 2007 catalog. Their figure range is really getting better and better, the russian sniper set being very detailled. But on the 2007 catalog, there is two set of moutain troops, german and societ, which seems REALY amazing (action poses as I never seen in Plastic before !!). Jim, don't you have any pics or info on them ?

Best,
Julien
PanzerEd
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 432 posts
Armorama: 402 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 01:14 AM UTC
I would like to see some US infantry that are not wearing those damn gaiters that come half way up the calf.

Later war US infantry please Dragon, some that have seen some action!!!

Des
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2007 - 02:45 PM UTC
Julien, at the moment i'm working thru a PRETTY considerable list of manufacturers who I met with at Nuremberg.- these things take time. Not only will I be covering ICM - expect something about Alanger and a number of others...
nikon1
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 622 posts
Armorama: 605 posts
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 10:33 AM UTC
I'm just hoping that DML and Trumpeter or CMK/Goffy will release some modern figures in 1/72 scale
Ch
Pak_40
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 392 posts
Armorama: 281 posts
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 11:07 AM UTC
Hi Jim,
I like what I see coming from Dragon so far, but I have a few questions.
Since you know I do German and some tasty offerings on deck, does Dragon plan any new Pz ll's or lll's?
Anything about some new night fighting Germans with the Vampyr or other late war oddities?
Or, how about German softskins: Opel Blitz or Maultier, a Steyr RSO, Mercedes-Benz 4500A in plastic.

I know this does not properly go here, BUT Dragon has me excited by their offerings and I guess I want to know if anything like what I mentioned is in the pipeline.

Chris- I respectfully bow to your modelling knowledge
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2007 - 01:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Or, how about German softskins: Opel Blitz or Maultier, a Steyr RSO, Mercedes-Benz 4500A in plastic.

Yep - the problem is that Trumpeter is coming out with K18s in 1/35th scale and there is going to be nothing available as a prime mover. Personally speaking, DML should have made the Sd kfz 7 a a high-priority a year or two ago when they released the 88mm variants...

Chris, I think it would be reasonable to expect a NEW program of PzIIIs this year as well. The PzII? Very likely as well IMO. The thing is that DML has a different release 'philosophy' than anyone else and do tend to announce new products without any hint being given..

Two predictions I will make for 2007 - firstly, it's going to be a great year for Soviet modellers. Secondly, whatever comes out will be surprising although I still doubt we need TWO Dicker Max in 1/35th
FuNsTeR
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 08:06 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm just hoping that DML and Trumpeter or CMK/Goffy will release some modern figures in 1/72 scale
Ch

try Caesar Miniatures

Review Here

Review Here
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 08:25 PM UTC
Brad, thanks for that

Also worrth considering (with some superb figures) are Pegasus. The Caesar website can be seen:

HERE (LINK)
FuNsTeR
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2007 - 08:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Brad, thanks for that

Also worrth considering (with some superb figures) are Pegasus. The Caesar website can be seen:

HERE (LINK)

aye Pegasus the Normandy figures are superb as are the Germans in Berlin .... they have quite a few sets coming out this year ie russians in Berlin and Early WW2 French infantry
 _GOTOTOP