_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
N'Berg '07 - HobbyBoss Armor
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 05:57 PM UTC
In the latest of the N''Berg ''07 reports, the subject is the arrival of the KV series in 1/48th scale from HobbyBoss. Along with these and the impressive T34 series, these should give new impetus to 1/48th AFVs - a scale which has been sadly neglected despite the increasingly high-quality of the releases. The full story, including images of the actual models, can be seen:

HobbyBoss KV Series

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

betheyn
Staff MemberSenior Editor
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 4,560 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 08, 2007 - 08:23 PM UTC
If I am not mistaken, these are scaled down Trumpeter 1/35th KV tanks.
I have the Trumpeter 1/35 Heavy cast turret in my stash and the markings are the same.
I have the Hobby Boss T-34 kit and that is amazing, so the KV tanks will be on my shopping list.
Andy
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Friday, February 09, 2007 - 02:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Are you planning something on their 1/35 releases, some Nuremberg pics show their Leopard 2A4 boxart, were sprues shown also?

They listed at Nuremberg (source IPMS Deutchland and also PMMS http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/hobbyboss.htm " TARGET="_blank"> http://www.perthmilitarymodelling.com/newkitnews/hobbyboss.htm ) M4 high Speed Tractor in 1/35, M4 high Speed Tractor with 155mm gun in 1/35 and modern FAV in 1/35, any news on those?

Cheers,

Christophe
Mahross
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 837 posts
Armorama: 132 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2007 - 08:00 PM UTC
I saw some of these on Saturday at the Fleet Air Arm Model Show and they looked good. I picked up the Simplified Turret version. I must say it looks very good and compares well to Tamiya's stuff and does not have the annoying die cast hull. If they release more like this I think they will sell very well.

Ross
 _GOTOTOP