_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Vietnam
For Vietnam diorama subjects or techniques.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Looking for some bits and pieces...
DogEgg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 341 posts
Armorama: 293 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 05:30 PM UTC
Hi all out there - collecting togethet the last few bits for my PBR dio and I'm missing some essentials - firstly I can't find the Italeri Water tank (M149A2?) and trailer kit anywhere in the UK, is it out of production? Does anyone have one I could make an offer for?
Secondly - I notice all Oil/fuel drums and all ammo cans have stencilled yellow lettering on them - what does it say? And who makes 1/35th transfers, preferably rub-down, for them? There's no way my 0000 brush will do that job... Lastly, did .50 cal and M60 ammo cans come in bigger wooden cases for shipping? I've tons of the metal cans but assume they were packed in bigger boxes for ease of moving around - dimensions/pics would be a godsend...

Many thanks

Richard
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 11:03 PM UTC
The trailer set has been re-issued by Bilek. I think it is still available. If not, it comes up on eBay often. The water trailer is not a modern M-149A2 Water Buffalo. It is a WWII design that was still used in Vietnam, but I don't know the nomenclature.

Verlinden does some rub-on stenciling in yellow. It isn't specifically for the ammo cans or fuel drums, but would do to give the effect. It is pretty small and can't really be read anyways. You could try Archer Fine Transfers too. They do lots of stenciling and placard rub-ons. I don't know of any other AM stenciling.

Ammo cans do come bundled together in wooden crates, 2 ammo cans to a crate. They looked (and still look like) the one below.

Many of the resin ammo sets have these boxes in them. There are also a couple in one of the older Italeri weapons and accessory sets.

Good luck.

DogEgg
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 341 posts
Armorama: 293 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2007 - 11:33 PM UTC
Wow... many thanks! I guess, by the look of the wood boxes, I could make them out of plasticard - they look simple and disposable...
Will try Archer - have some of their white stencils for an M113 so know the sort of sizes...

exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Monday, March 26, 2007 - 03:43 AM UTC
netmerchants have the water tank trailer BLK996 Tank Trailer
 _GOTOTOP