_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
NEWS
Photo Report - DML's New Figure Set
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 08:38 PM UTC
Just published, a photo report on DML''s latest 1/35th scale figure set - DRA 6372 - German Winter Grenadiers, Wiking Division, Eastern Front, 1943-45. Thanks to DML for supplying us with advance images of this new set. The full story can be seen.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

shonen_red
Visit this Community
Metro Manila, Philippines
KitMaker: 5,762 posts
Armorama: 2,283 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 08:47 PM UTC
Awesome! Even the faces looks superb! Thanks for the headsup!
Hisham
Visit this Community
Al Qahirah, Egypt / لعربية
KitMaker: 6,856 posts
Armorama: 6,363 posts
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2007 - 09:04 PM UTC
Nice action positions. The only thing I don't like about these Gen2 figures are the two-part heads. Not always easy to deal with that seam.

Thank God for Hornet heads.
tutdiesel
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 11:12 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Nice action positions. The only thing I don't like about these Gen2 figures are the two-part heads. Not always easy to deal with that seam.

Thank God for Hornet heads.

I have to agree with you.....While I think there is a lot more detail in the faces I don't like the fit of the heads (the two pieces together). Regardless I really do anjoy the Gen 2 figures over all. I am not super familiar with this style of uniform for the Germans, but any chance the coats and pants would be suitable for say the Ardennes?
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 11:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

...any chance the coats and pants would be suitable for say the Ardennes?

Any cold-weather setting would be suitable for this set...

I mast admit to NOT liking this tendency (with several manufacturers) to be so 'Specific' in the titles of their figure sets. Only a matter aof time until we get:

35XXXX - German PanzerGrenadier Set: Outside Grúbers' Department Store, Leipzig, March 25th 1945 (just after lunch) ...or something..
tutdiesel
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 251 posts
Armorama: 187 posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 08:17 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

...any chance the coats and pants would be suitable for say the Ardennes?

Thanks for the reply Jim.....I don't build too much from the Eastern Front and these figures might work well with a Ardennes dio in the future.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Monday, April 23, 2007 - 11:51 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I mast admit to NOT liking this tendency (with several manufacturers) to be so 'Specific' in the titles of their figure sets. Only a matter aof time until we get:

35XXXX - German PanzerGrenadier Set: Outside Grúbers' Department Store, Leipzig, March 25th 1945 (just after lunch) ...or something..

Actually, the specific title is just a simple way to distinguish the innumerable Dragon figure sets. There are numerous winter infantry sets now, and the only other way to distinguish them would be by what they are doing, or perhaps by the exact type of snowsuits they're wearing.
RonV
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 143 posts
Armorama: 120 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 12:22 AM UTC
Yes, it is just as Gerald has said. The titles are really just that, a quick means of identifying new figure sets. I suppose we could have just numbered them but I daresay that this is a touch more dynamic.

As for the use of this type of uniform, no, it was unlikely to have been seen
during the Ardennes operation, These were almost exclusively eastern front items. That being said, I have seen a solitary photo of an SS type
in Alsace/Lorraine who was definitely wearing the furlined parka. Also note the back cover of Steve Zaloga's Concord title on GI Uniforms in NWE
(not the the correct title...I know). It has a nice shot of a GI actually wearing this type of parka.

Cheers,
Ron
Mars_Volta
Visit this Community
Quebec, Canada
KitMaker: 145 posts
Armorama: 124 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 12:26 AM UTC
I'm happy to see that the MG team has successfully escaped from Korsun Pocket and can continue the fight further on.

Nice set though.
taesung
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 493 posts
Armorama: 340 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 05:03 AM UTC
Nice figure set! In my humble opinion,
this new set seems to be sculpted by a
new artist. Am I right, Ron?
The quality of sculpting looks much better
than the previous ones...

TS
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 11:55 AM UTC

Quoted Text

The quality of sculpting looks much better
than the previous ones...

I totally agree - an awful lot more animation present in this set than some of the recent ones. Saying that, I'm still waiting for DML to give us more greatcoated figures though - with a bit of work, the greatcoated figure in the FIRST Gen II set is superb..
Emeritus
Visit this Community
Uusimaa, Finland
KitMaker: 2,845 posts
Armorama: 808 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 - 12:16 PM UTC
Quite a historical figure set this is. It's the closest thing to an injected figure set of Finnish soldiers yet to appear. According to posivite comments on Finnish forums, this set can portray Finnish volunteers in Wiking division just by changing the machine to an MG34.
Overall, it looks like solid fig set. The only thing I don't personally like that much is the soldier moving cautiously with the rifle in his right hand. The other three look like they're in immediate enemy contact, the fourth looks he's sneaking. His alternate parts? Change the rifle to a G43. Come on!
Alternate arms to make him aim down the sight would have been awesome.
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 - 01:45 PM UTC
Great new figure set that will look great next to any mid to late war German tank.

Most impressive - as is almost always the case with Dragon
 _GOTOTOP