have continued their range of WW1 weapons and equipment set, this one is a set of equipment for WW1 French Infantry.
This is very good news for figure and diorama modellers offering yet more options for figure conversions or diorama settings.
The set comes packed in a sturdy cardboard box with a colour picture of the weapons and equipment included inside and the product and manufacturer's details on the top.
The set consists of two trees of identical parts contained in a clear plastic envelope and a two page A4 set of identification and painting instructions.
The set contains:
- 2 x Hotchkiss Mle 1909 machine guns
- 2 x Chauchat CSRG Mle 1915 machine guns
- 2 x Chauchat magazines
- 2 x Chauchat magazine pouch (right)
- 2 x Chauchat magazine pouch (left)
- 3 x Lebel-Berthier Mle 1916 rifle OF-15 grenade
- 6 x Label Mle 1886/93 rifle with bayonet
- 18 x Lebel ammunition pouch
- 2 x Ruby pistol holster
- 2 x Ruby pistol
- 6 x F-1 grenade
- 6 x Lebel rifle bayonets in scabbard
- 6 x Lebel bayonet scabbards
- 2 x axe in case
- 2 x sickle in case
- 2 x wire cutters in case
- 2 x wire cutters
- 6 x small shovel in case
- 6 x ARS respirator canister
- 6 x M2 respirator canister
- 2 x mess tin (big)
- 2 x basin
- 6 x mess tin small
- 2 x coffee mill
- 6 x mug
- 2 x canteens
- 6 x canteens
- 2 x binocular
- 2 x binocular cases
- 8 x Adrian M1915 steel helmets
- 30 x equipment fastening small strap
As with other recent releases in this range, this is a very good set of everyday infantry equipment.
The quality of the mouldings and the detail look really excellent.
The plus side of this equipment set is not only it does contain many items previously unavailable to modellers but much of the equipment can be used in the early WW2 period as well, so it is a cracking set from ICM
in my opinion.
will continue to grow their range of figures in this genre as there is great scope in that area and perhaps they may even give us a few trucks of the WW1 period in due course?