Vince Tassone has released a new set of Stormo Decals, this time focussing on the Macchi C.205 Veltro in 1:48 scale. The sheet contains features seven main colour schemes, with additional markings a further three similarly painted aircraft.
All bar one of the chosen aircraft are the mounts of aces, with a selection of Italian, German, Croatian and Co-Beligerant subjects:
1. C.205 Serie I, MM.9291, flown by R. Gaucci, 360a Sq., 155o Gr., 51o Stormo CT, Monserrato, 1943.
2. C.205 Serie I, MM.9324, flown by G. Beggiato, 81a Sq., 6o Gr., 1o Stormo CT, Pantellaria, 1943.
3. C.205 Serie III, MM.92156, flown by F. Serafini, 378a Sq., 150o Gruppo, Capoterra, 1943.
4. C.205 Serie III, MM.92187, flown by Luigi Gorrini, 85a Sq., 18o Gr., 3o Stormo CT, Cerveteri, 1943 - plus markings for the aircraft flown by F. Bordoni Bisleri and G. Fibbia.
5. C.205 Serie III, MM.92###, flown by F. Hrdlicka, 5 Staffel, II/JG 77, Lagnasco, 1943 - plus markings for the similarly painted MM.92212, flown by J. Deicke.
6. C.205 Serie III, MM.92###, flown by L. Bencetic, 14.ZJ, Zagreb, 1944.
7. C.205 Serie I, MM.9348, flown by D. Fanali in Co-Belligerent AF markings.
All the aircraft carry the classic "smoke ring" camouflage, and German, Croatian and Co-Belligerent markings offer a very alternative for anyone looking to build a Veltro that's a little out of the ordinary.
The decals are custom-printed by Cartograf so, as you'd expect, the quality is superb. The items are thin and glossy, with pin-sharp definition and registration, and minimal excess carrier film. Sufficient decals are provided to complete four models.
Backing up the decals is a well-produced instructions sheet with comprehensive notes on each of the aircraft based on research by Stefano Lazzaro and Vince Tassone. Vince also provides high quality colour profiles of each aircraft, along with smaller top and bottom plan views. Nearest FS colour matches are given for the original Italian and German paints.
A nice touch that you don't always see these days is a handy set of detailed advisory notes on how best to apply decals, outlining the use of the commonly available decal solutions.
Sheet #48008 - Macchi C.205V Italian, German & Croatian Aces - Part 1 is available now from the Stormo! Magazine website. Price: $19.49
Additionally, Vince has prepared two collector's editions with new cover artwork featuring Luigi Gorrini and Feruccio Serafini. These are produced in strictly limited quantities and are likely to sell out quickly. Price: $21.99
This is another excellent release from Stormo Decals. Stefano Lazzaro and Vince Tassone have sought to provide the must up to date research on the featured aircraft, making this a real must for fans of Macchi's elegant fighter.
Please remember, when contacting retailers or manufacturers, to mention that you saw their products highlighted here - on AEROSCALE.
Highs: Beautifully produced, with top quality decals based on the latest research.Lows: None noted.Verdict: Stormo! Magazine is the go-to online source for for fans of Italian WW2 subjects, so it's no surprise that Vince Tassone has come up with another gem of sheet with these decals.
Our Thanks to Stormo! Online Magazine! This item was provided by them for the purpose of having it reviewed on this KitMaker Network site. If you would like your kit, book, or product reviewed, please contact us.
About Rowan Baylis (Merlin) FROM: NO REGIONAL SELECTED, UNITED KINGDOM
I've been modelling for about 40 years, on and off. While I'm happy to build anything, my interests lie primarily in 1/48 scale aircraft. I mostly concentrate on WW2 subjects, although I'm also interested in WW1, Golden Age aviation and the early Jet Age - and have even been known to build the occas...