Greetings to all members of the forum.
I show you this Trumpeter kit, 1/35, which I just finished assembling:
The ZSU-57-2 used the modified T-54 chassis. It used the same engine, but the shielding was thinner and had 4 twin wheels on each side, instead of 5 T-54.
Although the cannons were powerful, the vehicle had some weak points such as the open tower with little protection for the crew, lack of radar to search for targets, low fire rate, etc.
It was used since the mid-1950s and 10 years later began to be replaced by the most effective ZSU-23-4.
The kit has a good level of detail, with good fitting of the pieces. The instructions are clear. If there is one thing to "criticize" is the excessive cannon cutting, mainly with the pointing system, where some pieces are quite small and with little support to stick them. But the result is very good. Note: the barrels go up and down, but when placing the arm that joins the pointing system to the barrels, these are fixed. There must be some way to solve this, but they are in a position that I like and it is easier for me to manipulate when I paint them.
I decided on the Russian green scheme, which gives more for wear and mess.
I used the Russian green AK base, previously paneled. The painting covered very well with a couple of passes of the airbrush, leaving a very even surface.
I'll leave you a couple of photos, before I move on to the final stage of painting.