A little more work tonight. I tried a bit of brush painting; painted the wooden handles of the pioneer tools with the RC030 Earth Yellow as a base coat. Didn't have any problems at all, it felt kind of like thinned Tamiya paint. I thinned it even more before I actually put it on the model. Went on well with no issues at all. Here is the photo of step one.
After letting that dry for about twenty minutes (it dries quickly, not much waiting around time at all) I used some Burnt Umber and Burnt Sienna to give it the look of wood. Here is the photo of that stage.
Finally, I added some leather retaining straps for the tools with paper and some old Aber buckles. The paper straps were painted Vallejo Flat Brown #984 with a little Vallejo Air Golden Brown #032 added in. Here is the photo for where we are now.
That's it for tonight. Tomorrow I should get the .50 M2 taken care of and maybe a light wash.