_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
New from Ace in 1/72
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Friday, June 29, 2007 - 10:05 PM UTC
The latest releases from Ace Modelsin 1/72 scale; the Sd.Kfz.252 armoured munitions carrier and the BA-20M Light Armored Car

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 02:04 AM UTC
There are two more sprues for the SdKfz 252 on ACE's website containing the parts for the suspension, tools, and even some riffles and other goodies.

It has lots of details, although PE would be nice for a few parts other than the tracks. I am sure it will need much work but I love the subject, it's a must have for me
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 05:23 AM UTC
Hi Peter, I have added the other two photos. Thanks.
Have you built other Ace kits? What are they like?
tray
Visit this Community
Budapest, Hungary
KitMaker: 193 posts
Armorama: 186 posts
Posted: Saturday, June 30, 2007 - 11:40 PM UTC
Frankly I have built one of ther kits (PAK 43) and I have an other on my shelf (RSO). I checked the RSO, and it has lots of details, just like the PAK did. Really, there's no problem with the amount of details, and these kits are quite accurate as long as I can judge.

On the backside, the parts require serious cleanup. These are "short-run kits" - I don't know what it means exactly, but I can tell you that there are lots of molding seams, shrink marks, and with the PAK I had a few fit problems too to work out. This means much work, but it's worth the effort.

You know, in Braille scale the choice of good quality kits is very limited. Dragon, Trumpeter and Revell make them, but they are all Panthers, Tigers, 251's or some other very common armor (with a very few exceptions). If you'd like to build a softskin, an artillery or a less popular type of armor, you'll have the kits of the short-run companies, like ACE, UM, ICM, MAC...
 _GOTOTOP