_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
TIGER FANS!
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2002 - 04:10 AM UTC
For lack of a "best" place for this post, I thought what the heck, this is the best place.
If you are a fan of the Tiger tank, set your VCR for Sat. @ 1600 (4 PM) to the History Channel . A great showing of the Tiger. If you missed my earlier post of it from last week, here's another chance. You can look in the post folder "History Channel Guide" for more info. 2 thumbs up.
This is not a commercial- just a heads up for Tiger fans...good reference material!
ChrisCarney
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 88 posts
Armorama: 50 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 12:07 AM UTC
Kencelot, thanks for the heads up. I did see that. Excellent footage. I do like the tigers, have been a fan for sometime now. I think that show is a must for all armor fans, axis or allies. Keep up the good work buddy. Thanks again.. Chris (Tiger 1) Carney :-)
TreadHead
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 5,000 posts
Armorama: 2,868 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 02:37 AM UTC
Howdy Kencelot,

Many thx for the reminder, (old minds don't have as much room in them as young minds.)
Just so happens I'm presently building the Academy Tiger I Early Version kit as we speak.
Very nice kit, excellent detail, in fact it's of a much better quality (my opinion) than the
Tamiya Panther (Sd.kfz.171)Ausf.A that I'm also building.
That'll be a great show to tape for some super detailing,or maybe some dio ideas?

Again, thx.

my two cents.

Oorah!!

TreadHead
Tin_Can
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 1,560 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 12:37 AM UTC
Treadhead, I also just built that Academy Tiger Early Version and enjoyed it thoroughly. It was my first armor piece and I was amazed at the detail and the ease with which it went together. Great craftsmanship. I liked it so much I went out and got an Academy pzkpf IV Ausf. H and that is a whole other story. I'm currently writing an in process build-up review that I'm going to submit to the site if they'll have it.
 _GOTOTOP