_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
Guy Mk I WIP
mcooper
Visit this Community
Nova Scotia, Canada
KitMaker: 11 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2007 - 02:37 PM UTC
Hello

I have been plugging away at the Guy using GM's drawings and an assortment of photos from Bovington. The suspension should be the real challenge although my current issue is determining the correct measurements of the engine access hatch and stowage box.

After looking at Dennis's photos I have worked out the an approximate measurements which I will try out tomorrow.

Does anyone know of any suitable wheels that I could source for this project vs making my own?

Regards
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 - 01:57 PM UTC
Very nice so far Mark. I definitely look forward to seeing your progress and I'd also love to get photos for posting on WW.

As for wheels, what about using some from an 1/35 Humber AC kit? Both Sovereign and Accurate Armor make kits, so see if you can get some from those companies. I know AA makes the Marks II, III and IV and Sovereign makes a Mark I, but they are harder to get a hold of.
dhaugh
Visit this Community
Oregon, United States
KitMaker: 12 posts
Armorama: 7 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 06:41 AM UTC
Mark, Sorry for the delay in responding, and these measurements may be a day late, but my files for the Guy Mk I show a Length of 13'6", Width of 6'9" and a Height to turret top of 7'6". Attached is a photo of a Mark I being used by the engineers for recovery training. Despite the battered condition of the vehicle it does show the top of the rear deck. I'll try to get a data sheet and some scans of the Guy up on WW this week.
Dave Haugh
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 - 09:50 AM UTC
New Guy I/Ia info up as of 10/9 as Dave stated. The data sheet and some new photos are up.
 _GOTOTOP