_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
JDF Type 61 Tank
tankbuster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 07:08 PM UTC
I finally got this kit from Tamiya, it was one of the few Tamiya armor kits missing in my collection. The box and contents I got are already a re-release for a tank and a camo-pattern is suggested. What I recall from the earlier box art and also from Tamiya Catalogue 1974 during the 70ies the tanks were painted bluish-black, similar to US AFV in Vietnam.
Can anybody confirm which colour have been used? I also would be happy for sites to see pics
of this tank, only discovered a few sofa.

thanks, werner
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 10:30 PM UTC
How's this?:
http://members.aol.com/tankofjapan/page2-11.html

I think this is what you are looking for.
I wish I knew how to put a picture in these posts!
Hope this helps.

PS: If you get the install on demand dialog box, just click cancel...if you want. The site has the pic you might like, no need to read.
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 11:01 PM UTC

Quoted Text

What I recall from the earlier box art and also from Tamiya Catalogue 1974 during the 70ies the tanks were painted bluish-black, similar to US AFV in Vietnam.
Can anybody confirm which colour have been used? thanks, werner

The dark gloss OD green used during the early stages of the Vietnam War was a hold over of our Army's mixing flat OD Green with Gloss Black. This gave the vehicles a nice shiny parade finish. Peacetime Armies tend to do this
You should have seen some of the desert sand tanks that had been repainted after the Gulf War, one little scratch and back to the paint booth.
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 09:12 AM UTC
Here is the pic Ken was talking about. It's in the gallery now. One of the few pics on the searchable Internet it seems.

http://armorama.com/modules/gallery/albums/album05/aai.jpg

Jim
tankbuster
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 134 posts
Armorama: 89 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 10:03 PM UTC
thanks for the infos. I did not know this page and the martial comments on the tanks are very amusing!!

werner
 _GOTOTOP