_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Tiger (P) 003 ?
flakgunner
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 657 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 06:04 AM UTC
Only one completed Tiger(P) with chassis number 150013 saw combat service as a command tank - Panzerbefehlswagen VI(P) with schwere Heeres Panzerjager Abteilung 653. It was used by its commander, Hauptmann Grillenberg (turret number 003), on the Eastern Front in early/mid of 1944.

Does anyone know what happened to this Tiger (P) 003,was it destroyed,captured,disappeared ,without a trace?

Joe
AikinutNY
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 683 posts
Armorama: 630 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 09:26 AM UTC
If my memory is correct they had it for three to four months and all that is noted in Munch's History of the 653rd is that is was lost. You would think they would remember where they parked it or did they slack off and allow some Russian holligans steal it?
mark197205
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,593 posts
Armorama: 1,465 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 01:34 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Only one completed Tiger(P) with chassis number 150013 saw combat service as a command tank - Panzerbefehlswagen VI(P) with schwere Heeres Panzerjager Abteilung 653. It was used by its commander, Hauptmann Grillenberg (turret number 003), on the Eastern Front in early/mid of 1944.

Does anyone know what happened to this Tiger (P) 003,was it destroyed,captured,disappeared ,without a trace?

Joe

As Jim says, according to the Combat History the vehicle was "lost" I'd say that means either it was destroyed in combat or had to be blown up due to irrepairable damage.
AikinutNY
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 - 11:48 PM UTC
Herr General! I parked mein Tiger by that tree last night before Fritz and the boys took me drinking behind the villager's hut mit the Polish vodka. I know I did not leave the keys in the ignition, but I must have lost them this morning in the latrine when I was sick mit die Flu.

This is not the same thing as when the military polizie put das boot on mein Ferdinand for double parking last year! We were loading up fuel and did not see the bar until we needed to use the public telephone.

Is this going to raise my panzer insurance premium?
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 01:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Herr General! I parked mein Tiger by that tree last night before Fritz and the boys took me drinking behind the villager's hut mit the Polish vodka. I know I did not leave the keys in the ignition, but I must have lost them this morning in the latrine when I was sick mit die Flu.

This is not the same thing as when the military polizie put das boot on mein Ferdinand for double parking last year! We were loading up fuel and did not see the bar until we needed to use the public telephone.

Is this going to raise my panzer insurance premium?

AikinutNY
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 04:00 AM UTC
Mark,, Do you think I could make a living writing scripts in Hollywood? I have an idea "Das Traffic Boot" And I could get some former Communist state to modify some T-72's into Ferdinands and a Tiger(P). Maybe film it in Mexico's Sonora Desert? Or Key West, Florida?
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 04:11 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Mark,, Do you think I could make a living writing scripts in Hollywood? I have an idea "Das Traffic Boot" And I could get some former Communist state to modify some T-72's into Ferdinands and a Tiger(P). Maybe film it in Mexico's Sonora Desert? Or Key West, Florida?

I think so, especially with a lot of writers being on strike you'd get a lot of work....

AikinutNY
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 06:28 AM UTC
How about this for a "What if " diorama. New York City sometime after 1946 digital camo on a E-100, sitting on cinder blocks, the road wheels and tracks stollen and the tank's crew is talking to the police officer as he fill out the report. "OK! Yuns guys let yer tank here for five mintues and went into the bar for a quick drink. And whens ya came out it was like dis!"
mark197205
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 07:05 AM UTC

Quoted Text

How about this for a "What if " diorama. New York City sometime after 1946 digital camo on a E-100, sitting on cinder blocks, the road wheels and tracks stollen and the tank's crew is talking to the police officer as he fill out the report. "OK! Yuns guys let yer tank here for five mintues and went into the bar for a quick drink. And whens ya came out it was like dis!"

Now that I would like to see.....
AikinutNY
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 08:00 AM UTC
And I must not forget to include the spray paint grafitti on one side and a traffic ticket under the wiper on the drivers view block.
JadgerherLocher
Visit this Community
Indiana, United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 14, 2015 - 09:24 PM UTC
Entschuldigen sie bitte! back on subject now. Where on the eastern front can I find maybe its remains. I am currently doing research on the panzer vk4501 command tank. Even its service record would still be helpful.

any information would be kindly obliged
if sent to my email at
[email protected]

on pdf files please.
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 03:58 AM UTC
AAron, if anyone knew where it went to, believe me, the word would be out about it. Final records for that vehicle seem to be non-existent.

AikinutNY
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 08:28 AM UTC
I will try to find my History book and look up what is written, as far as what basic area. Eastern Poland or where ever. Could have also been "lost" in a ferry crossing.
edmund
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 668 posts
Armorama: 456 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 08:44 AM UTC
Anybody got friends in the KGB ?
AFVFan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 1,980 posts
Armorama: 1,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 15, 2015 - 10:15 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Given what's in their collection at Kublinka, I would have thought the Russians would have sent it there if it were captured reasonably intact. This leads me to believe it was probably extremely damaged when it was taken out and just scrapped.
JB2000
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 07:34 PM UTC
the last oder it had was to help the line defeding a town but your right it was not reported distroyd or abanded and it woude by reported in the ailed recounds if they capruted it so where did it go and its crew?i hope it sunk under water s I can find it and keep it XD
Byrden
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,233 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 08:15 PM UTC
Somebody who's read the book : had they also vehicles numbered 001 and 002 ?
Klaus-Adler
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODELGEEK
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,505 posts
Armorama: 840 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 - 06:11 AM UTC
I'm sure mark Fenton did a YouTube video about this subject...might be worth doing a search there as well

I think I found it

https://youtu.be/UeHBqhg5UXQ

hope this helps
Byrden
Visit this Community
Wien, Austria
KitMaker: 2,233 posts
Armorama: 2,221 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 - 06:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm sure mark Fenton did a YouTube video about this subject...might be worth doing a search there as well

I don't think so. Mark Felton Productions churns out videos on a huge range of subjects at a prodiguous rate. Stop and ask yourself; can one man really be expert on all those subjects?

So I examined some Felton videos on the subject that I know (Tigers). And I found him taking other people's articles and turning them into videos without fact-checking. If they made a mistake, Mark Felton would make the identical mistake with added video.

It's best to go to the most original, reliable sources, not the easy-to-watch ones that are put in front of you. Felton is the McDonald's of history.

David
brekinapez
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,272 posts
Armorama: 1,860 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 - 12:58 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Felton is the McDonald's of history.

If he was at least Five Guys or Whataburger level it wouldn't be so bad.

But people do love themselves some McDonald's...
jasegreene
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 751 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 - 05:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Funny thing,I use to date a girl from Ukraine who's dad was in the KGB back when there still was a Soviet Union.But back to the topic the Panzerbefehiswagen VI (P) was destroyed by a Soviet tank in the summer of 1944.
nsjohn
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 279 posts
Armorama: 265 posts
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2019 - 11:31 PM UTC
Great to see you back posting again David.
 _GOTOTOP