_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Masterclub Initial Tiger Tracks
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 05:22 PM UTC
Frank Glackin (aka Plasticbattle) reviews a set of workable resin indy tracks, from Russian company MasterClub, which are a direct replacement for the kit supplied tracks in Dragonīs Tiger 3īnī1.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
C_JACQUEMONT
Visit this Community
Loire-Atlantique, France
KitMaker: 2,433 posts
Armorama: 2,325 posts
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2008 - 07:49 PM UTC
Great review, thank you Frank!

Christophe
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Friday, February 29, 2008 - 10:57 PM UTC
Thanks James and Bill for your help getting this up.

Hi Christophe. Thanks ... glad it is of some use.

This will probably will not be the most saught after set, as the base kit is OOP, and a large percentage of those who have it, will build it as is. Availability will probably play its part among those who will decide to use the aftermarket tracks, but I think it may spark some interest for those considering other MasterClub sets. I think with this quality, it looks promising.

They have a considerable catalog of items already, which should see them get more established. Tracks, wheels, and bolts of probably every kind and size needed. See a list made by Saul Garcia on Missing Links
pzcreations
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 2,106 posts
Armorama: 1,116 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 01, 2008 - 02:01 AM UTC
I appreciate the great review and photos. These do look very nice indeed. I especially like the track pins, which are a better improvement, even over the Friul set. I havent done a thorough search yet, but availibility here in the US may determine if I get them or not. I hate ordering overseas.. Im too impatient
ViperAtl
Visit this Community
Georgia, United States
KitMaker: 331 posts
Armorama: 191 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 04:18 PM UTC
Yes these tracks look great. I'm even interested in getting a set. If they do late Tiger tracks I might even get those to replace rubberbands in the Dragon kit.

Patience trumps tedious.
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 04, 2008 - 08:45 PM UTC
Thanks Tim and Joe for your comments.

Quoted Text

I especially like the track pins, which are a better improvement, even over the Friul set.

I agree ... and one of the reasons, I went with these over Friul as well. The price range is similar (here in Sweden), but this is a short-cut that Friul make all too often. As a lot of their tracks are not handed, the side that is left open, takes away from the overall quality.

Historica Books in the U.S. also have these early and late Tiger tracks available, plus the whole line of MasterClub items. Could be a suitable option for you guys.
Historica Books - MasterClub
rfeehan
Visit this Community
Kansas, United States
KitMaker: 727 posts
Armorama: 648 posts
Posted: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 - 08:37 AM UTC
I would recommend you buy them from Historica Books. I purchased the T64 and T72 sets from this line and had them on my doorstep in 3 days. Excellent service. They are from the looks of the two sets I have bought a fantastic value but I haven't seen the Tiger ones so I can't comment on them.
 _GOTOTOP