_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
Sherman Vc Firefly
cnysmb
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 03:46 AM UTC
Im building this kit as a captured tank by the germans. What I was wondering Im looking for some camo patterns for the europe front around 1944 where can I find some?
Sabot
KitMaker: 12,596 posts
Armorama: 9,071 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 06:14 AM UTC
There is a picture of one in the Squadron Signal Panzer Colors vol 1(?) of a Firefly in German markings. The picture is in black and white, but I can look to see if it can be of any use.
Kencelot
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 4,268 posts
Armorama: 2,804 posts
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 09:05 AM UTC
Are you looking for German or British camo patterns?
Rob, is that a pic of a Firefly painted in German colors?
Sabot
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 10:47 AM UTC
In vol II (tan one) the caption says red-brown or olive-green sprayed over the khaki paint scheme. It is marked with 2 crosses on each side of the turret and one on the hull side (white crosses).

Vol I (red one) has a shot of the opposite side and gives the same remarks, except it only identifies dark green wavy lines being sprayed over the tank. Both are identifed as a Firefly VC.
cnysmb
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 0 posts
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 01:55 AM UTC
Im building the middlestone colored version. Sorry guys Im new at armour.Im building the Sherman Vc Dragon kit, and its telling me to paint it middlestone with lt. green striping with spots of red brown.......cnysmb@ yahoo.com
Sabot
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 07:38 AM UTC
That sounds about right, British Khaki isn't too far off Middlestone. The Germans would use the dark green and red brown paste that came issued with the "panzergelb" (dark yellow) tanks. There was no camouflage pattern scheme. It was applied randomly and with whatever they had (mops, brushes, spray guns if lucky) and the paste was thinned with whatever they could find like gasoline, water, diesel, etc.
 _GOTOTOP