_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
Hobby Boss Leopards?
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 08:54 AM UTC
I am looking at Hobby Boss' Leopard series at a rediculous price here and wanted to know if it was worth the effort. I have not read any reviews on the kits so I do not have any insights to go on.

Robert
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,096 posts
Armorama: 1,983 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 09:45 AM UTC
The kits are not to bad there are a few fit issues but they can be sorted with a bit of effort. depends what you mean by ridiculous price they retail for about £15 in the UK witch would be somewhere around $25-$30 in the us????
LeoCmdr
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 4,085 posts
Armorama: 3,917 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 11:07 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I am looking at Hobby Boss' Leopard series at a rediculous price here and wanted to know if it was worth the effort. I have not read any reviews on the kits so I do not have any insights to go on.

What type of builder are you?....what type of effort are you talking about?.....out of the box or do you want lots of accuracy?....the Hobby Boss Leopard kits have soft details compared to the Tamiya 2A5 and 2A6 kit.

On the Hobby Boss kits the anti-slip panels are far thicker than they should be.

It all depends if you just want a Leopard 2 model or if you want an accurate Leopard 2 model. If you are going to be spending money on aftermarket parts you might as well go for the Tamiya kit.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 02:46 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Robert

If you want a Leo 2A5 or A6, go with Tamiya. If you want a Leopard 2 A4, go with Hobby Boss rather than Italeri/Revell-Germany. If you want one of the Swedish or Danish variants, Hobby Boss is the only choice. HB's detail is softer than Tamiya, but they are more modern tooling than the comparable Italeri kits, and HB includes photoetch parts in the box.
Bigrip74
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,026 posts
Armorama: 1,604 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 27, 2008 - 03:33 PM UTC
@ Sudzonic: The price here at Squadron is $15.50 for either of Hobby Boss' Leopards (2 A4 & 2 A6)

@ white 4: I misread the forum, but thanks for the help.

@ Leo Cmdr: I have been building on and off for the last 45 years, a challange is ok.

@ Gerald Owens: Thanks, you have helped me decide.

Robert
 _GOTOTOP