_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Nuts & Bolts Vol.22 Grille Ausf. M
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 04:40 PM UTC
James Bella provides a review of Nuts & Bolts Volume 22, which covers the 15cm sIG33/2 ‘Grille’ Ausf.M.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 04:46 PM UTC
Rudi Richardson thanks James Bella, who likes to refer to himself in the 3rd person, for an excellent review

hehe

Thanks for the review, James. Well written and useful teaser pictures without giving away the whole plot.

Rudi
c5flies
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 05:54 PM UTC
Thanks for the laugh, Rudi....next time I'll announce it as "me do review, look here"

As far as the images are concerned in the review, I tried to use the most 'generic' ones...didn't want to give any of the good stuff away
Tarok
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 10,889 posts
Armorama: 3,245 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 06:03 PM UTC
Hehe, been there, buddy

Actually I consider book and similar media reviews to be amongst the most difficult to do. There's a fine line between giving away too much of the book and simply listing the index or stating what could be found on the likes of Amazon.com. Similarly in terms of pictures, you don't want to show the worst, nor all the best. But, and this is Rudi the former ME speaking , you've done a really good job here. Good show, mate!

Rudi
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 08:48 PM UTC
I have a few Nutsīnībolts books, and theres enough info and images for me to want this one as well. Havent seen this book, but going on what Ive seen before, I know exactly what to expect. Good review James.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Sunday, March 01, 2009 - 09:35 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hehe, been there, buddy

Actually I consider book and similar media reviews to be amongst the most difficult to do. There's a fine line between giving away too much of the book and simply listing the index or stating what could be found on the likes of Amazon.com. Similarly in terms of pictures, you don't want to show the worst, nor all the best. But, and this is Rudi the former ME speaking , you've done a really good job here. Good show, mate!

Rudi

I've been having this same problem with a review I've been working on for a long time on "Trackstory #6: Hotchkiss H35/59".
wbill76
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,425 posts
Armorama: 4,659 posts
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 - 07:45 AM UTC
Nice work James, the N&B books are invaluable both as a vehicle-specific reference in terms of the history but also for the walk-around photos of surviving examples. Can't begin to say how many times I've pulled one out and used it in relation to a particular build project. I have the other 38t family books in the series and just recently added this one as well.
c5flies
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 02, 2009 - 05:30 PM UTC
Thank you very much for the replies, gentlemen. It's good to know that I'm not the only one that finds book/media reviews difficult!

Bill, I definately will be getting Vol. 17 on the Marder III M, and it should be interesting on how these 2 volumes interact. I can see N&B as being my first go to reference, I was very impressed with the technical drawings coupled with the camo/marking plates.

_GOTOTOP