_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Contests
This group is home to our various contests, promotions and drawings.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Show Photos
The Torrent 2009 Show
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2009 - 09:46 PM UTC
Last weekend was the annual, Torrent Show which is held near Valencia Spain. Here are a couple of links to the Armor and Dios:

VEHICLES:

http://www.xtrememodelling.com/noticias/torrent_09/torrent_09_vehiculos/index.htm

DIORAMAS:

http://www.xtrememodelling.com/noticias/torrent_09/torrent_09_dioramas/index.htm
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 967 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 02:27 AM UTC
Very Nice
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 1,683 posts
Armorama: 1,248 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 02:52 AM UTC
Really great Jim, thanks for sharing. Some VERY nice work here. I really like the diorama of the street scene with the truck and Staghound. I also really like the model of the LRDG Chevy. I have this kit in the stash and I want to build it like this one. Very nice indeed, must have been a great show to visit.

cheers

Bob
panzerkampfw
Visit this Community
Busan, Korea / 대한민국
KitMaker: 171 posts
Armorama: 164 posts
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 - 03:02 AM UTC
gorgeous works
Lector
KitMaker: 32 posts
Armorama: 21 posts
Posted: Wednesday, April 22, 2009 - 09:38 AM UTC
Very good photos, Jim...

Got in Torrent last saturday al 1100 hours, first time visiting the AMT (Asociación de Modelismo de Torrent - Torrent Modelling Association) Show... but... Murphy Rules: ah (( )) the works display didn´t began ´til 1700 hours...

Finally I had to return home, but I got enough time to see a large 1/35 Diorama named "Berlin 1945", inside a display case. It involved a CQB (combat taking place between 5 - 20 meters, armed, no hand to hand) between a lot of Red Army grunts & Germans, a T-34/85, a superb subway entrance, a fantastic tramway car, a Kubelwagen with all doors opened, and a very LARGE two-story ruined flat-building very detailed inside: every ruined home had pictures in the walls and a different wall-paper (decoration) !!!

This dio was absolutely dinamic, pure combat & action... the guy ( a 45-50 or so y.o. guy) said it had lasted three years to finish it. The dio measures were approximately 1,0 m X 0,4 m X 0,5 m (L, W, H)

A very good one ! I´ts a pity, I dont have any picture of it... the dio was (logically) surrounded by admirers / enthusiasts, and I wasn´t able to manouevre with the camera...

Salud...
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Armorama: 1,431 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 03:55 AM UTC
Very nice works, especially that sdkfz 7/2. Wondering if that was the new Dragon kit or the Tamiya one.

Thanks for posting these, Jim!

Rob
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 04:20 AM UTC
Sometimes certain threads deserve to be ressurected again ... and this is one of them. Great models all round in both armor and diorama.
One thing they all have in common ? .... apart from the obvious quality ... check out the presentation of every model. Own base .. scene thought out ... etc. Why spend so much time and effort on a model, and not complete it with at least a simple base? If nothing else, its easier to handle and transport!
GALILEO1
Visit this Community
Maryland, United States
KitMaker: 1,794 posts
Armorama: 1,431 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 05:40 AM UTC
OOOPPSSSS, sorry, I didn't even notice this was an old thread. First time looking at them though.....

Sorry again,

Rob
 _GOTOTOP