_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
A 'Beute-Dingo' From MiniArt
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 12:55 AM UTC
Amongst the large amounts of captured materiél used by the Axis Forces was the Daimler Dingo - the subject of a FUTURE release from MiniArt Ltd.. First images can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

casualmodeler
Visit this Community
Hame, Finland
KitMaker: 702 posts
Armorama: 665 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 08:24 AM UTC
As Beutepanzer fan, this might be a must to buy but on the other hand, I´m wondering what is the main difference between this and previous releases I mean you could just add german markings and camo to these two existing models, right??
Or are my eyes doing tricks on me? Does that front look different compared to original british version?
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 2,012 posts
Armorama: 1,949 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 08:55 AM UTC
I suspected that something like this might pop up !!
Here's a few photos of SS Heavy-Panzer Battalion 102 tooling around in a captured Dingo in France, August 1944.

Beutepanzer Dingo

Looks to be a nice option for anyone interested in the Dingo.
Now if only someone would do the Dingo's bigger, younger brother, the Lynx........
Cheers for the report Jim

jjumbo
alanmac
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,033 posts
Armorama: 2,953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 09:54 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Or are my eyes doing tricks on me? Does that front look different compared to original british version?

In the images they show the box top perspective view without any front box arrangement and on the "Beute" side elevation, but on all the remaining images it reappears again. I'd say it was just a slip up on the art departments part. What is in the kit remains to be seen, the option to have it with or without no doubt.

It's funny how that triangular box does change the look of it.

Alan
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 08:38 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I mean you could just add german markings and camo to these two existing models, right??

MiniArt, by comparison with OTHER Armor manufacturers, is a pretty small fish in a large pond. Therefore, with ANY vehicle release, they have to maximise their sales. Therefore, as in the case of the T-80, their difficulty in finding a suitable Soviet Artillery tractor, they have a policy of doing armor which can also appear as BeutePanzers.

The reality is, that German DOES sell better than Allied, despite the growth of Allied subjects in the last year or two, it's still number 1 in the market.

So yes, it's a sensible marketing option - and no, it isn't just adding a decal sheet, there are fittings which are unique to the vehicle in German service...

There's also a healthy sign with THIS report, according to the Page-Views, it's generating MORE interest than DML's Bergepanzer IV - which was posted 3 hours before... People LOVE a different approach and have the sense to dislike 'spoilers'...
barkmann424
Visit this Community
England - North West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 357 posts
Armorama: 353 posts
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 - 10:42 PM UTC
Ahhh! The 'Beute' Dingo of the s.SS.Pz.-Abt.102 eh? Very nice... Though I notice that there is no 88mmKwK 36 L/56 included then!
Well that's ruined next Aprils leg pulling then!

Nice kit, nice figures. Saves you buying the allied version!

Phil.
GeraldOwens
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 3,736 posts
Armorama: 3,697 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 01:17 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Amongst the large amounts of captured materiél used by the Axis Forces was the Daimler Dingo - the subject of a FUTURE release from MiniArt Ltd.. First images can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

Our reactions seem to be focusing exclusively on the set of German markings, as shown on the box top painting (though there are also two British vehicles depicted on the decal sheet). However, at least according to the box, this release is NOT the same as the two preceding kits, since the desert campaign version is touted as a Mk. Ib, and the European campaign version was a Mk. III. This one purports to be an intermediate version, a Mk. II, so perhaps our British colleagues can enlighten us as to the salient differences, as my references are limited to a reprint edition of the old Armour in Profile booklet. Should we assume that there are any different parts in the box, or was the name change purely cosmetic?
 _GOTOTOP