_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
M1117 Guardian
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
KitMaker: 2,315 posts
Armorama: 2,158 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 05:22 AM UTC
Dear All
I am very happy to present my build blog on the forthcoming M1117 Guardian from Trumpeter.
I would like to thanks Jackson Xiao from Trumpeter for the review sample. I am currently working on a In-box review for you.
But I already start the build, as usual it will an OOB.

Step 1, the hub with the armored plate to protect the airline tubing. These hubs are similar to the one from the M1078 but Trumpeter decide to not show the tubing only the armor plate. Well on the actual pics, you can see clearly the tubing, for accuracy you need to use the hub from the M1078 and glue the plate in place.
The tires are great but the engraving is a little bit big.

The hub from the Guardian

The one from the M1078 with the plate

Comments welcome

the hull

sopmod6
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
KitMaker: 761 posts
Armorama: 455 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 06:22 AM UTC
The lettering is a bit heavy and the rear hub pieces still look simplified and missing bolt detail. Those rear pieces are also offset from front hub to back hub, but it looks like they made them all the same for the kit.
lespauljames
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,661 posts
Armorama: 2,764 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 06:24 AM UTC
Hey Seb, this vehicle looks really interesting, is that a texture above the lhs driver window?
do you know of a RRP on it aswell?
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 07:21 AM UTC
@ James
Yep all the flat surfaces are coming with a nice anti slip coating real close to the real one.

@ Arnold
the engraving is a little bit heavy and the hub are simplify, and no tubing for inflating system ???
Gorizont
Visit this Community
Sachsen, Germany
KitMaker: 1,462 posts
Armorama: 1,289 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 07:34 AM UTC
Interesting, to see the test-/review-build.
Good luck with this kit!

greetings...
Soeren
sopmod6
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 08:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

@ James
Yep all the flat surfaces are coming with a nice anti slip coating real close to the real one.

@ Arnold
the engraving is a little bit heavy and the hub are simplify, and no tubing for inflating system ???

I was referring to the pieces that connect to the wheel hub on the rear.
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 09:07 AM UTC
Ok Arnold
i dont have any ref pics of the rear of the hub
Sorry for this
Seb
newfish
Visit this Community
England - West Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,329 posts
Armorama: 2,110 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 10:41 AM UTC
Alright my man. Nice start to the kit. Does it include an interior?

cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,199 posts
Armorama: 821 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 12:47 PM UTC
Glad to here that there is in fact non-slip. The Trumpeter images posted in the NEWS section apperared to be lacking non-slip. Any word on an interior?
Evan
ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 01:18 PM UTC
As everyone else is asking, is there an interior. And second, any figures included. Can't wait to get my hands on one of my own.
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 02:13 PM UTC
Sorry Guys
no interior no figures

ThomasB
Visit this Community
Skåne, Sweden
KitMaker: 762 posts
Armorama: 323 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 02:27 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry Guys
no interior no figures

Kinda takes away all fun with such a kit, so I think I'll head over to HLJ and cancel my pre-order
cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 06:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sorry Guys
no interior no figures

Kinda takes away all fun with such a kit, so I think I'll head over to HLJ and cancel my pre-order

I don't think that I will cancel my preorder, but it is a bummer. Especially after Trumpeter showed the figures in one of the first test image sets. They looked very well done. As for the interior, it's an armored car, its made to be modeled with all the hatches open and the interior showing. Maybe a Verlinden V100 interior will work though, who knows. It seems like Trump may have missed the mark on this one. I still will buy one, but I think there will be many people like you that are unhappy.
Evan
35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 08:13 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry Guys
no interior no figures

That is a pity, but not enough to stop me ordering one (or two) of these. The figs shown in the original master pictures looked really good. I presume we'll eventually see them as a set.
talib
Visit this Community
Moscow City, Russia
KitMaker: 179 posts
Armorama: 177 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 09:21 PM UTC
very nice!

Waiting for the kit to come to inet shops.

Do you have excelent reference CD from Rob Skipper?

Anton
afv_rob
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,556 posts
Armorama: 2,199 posts
Posted: Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 11:37 PM UTC
The figures shown in the original test shot appear to be the same set that Trumpeter plan to release under the heading of US armor cremwan and infantry:
http://www.trumpeter-china.com/war513/products/en_message.asp?id=751

We have a sneak preview of this set as part of the figures came in the M1127 Stryker release. Its a shame the kit doesnt include them. As to the interior I dont see what the big fuss is about, hardly any kits come with interior's these days, its not hard to scratch build either.
sopmod6
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 12:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sorry Guys
no interior no figures

I don't think that I will cancel my preorder, but it is a bummer. Especially after Trumpeter showed the figures in one of the first test image sets. They looked very well done. As for the interior, it's an armored car, its made to be modeled with all the hatches open and the interior showing. Maybe a Verlinden V100 interior will work though, who knows. It seems like Trump may have missed the mark on this one. I still will buy one, but I think there will be many people like you that are unhappy.
Evan

Verlinden never made a V100 interior...

cyclones6
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 04:27 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Sorry Guys
no interior no figures

Evan

Verlinden never made a V100 interior...

Sorry, they made a V100, I dont know if it has an interior though and Hobby Fan has a V150 with interior.
Cookie
Visit this Community
Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 588 posts
Armorama: 490 posts
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 04:31 AM UTC
I saw a photo of these figures recently, i belive it was on this site advertising the M1117. They where as depicted in the proposed new US armor cremwan and infantry set: They did look very good, certaintly far better that some of Trumpeters recent figure releases. I can' t for the like of me locate this photo.
Cookie
101yann
Visit this Community
Ille-et-Vilaine, France
KitMaker: 97 posts
Armorama: 97 posts
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 04:44 AM UTC
Photobucket

Photo credit : Trumpeter

YJ
m75
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 666 posts
Armorama: 661 posts
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 - 08:23 AM UTC
Well, the Hobby Boss V-100 has a basic interior, but it's more of a platform to build your own corrected version. One of the Euro resin companies has produced a more correct platform for the interior, but still needs work. After all, that's our part, right?

I can see that the Mk 19 barrel will be replaced, as well as the wheel hubs and tires. After that, it looks pretty good! I'll be showing mine as part of a line-up of MP armored cars from WW II to now, so even closed up, it will be just fine. Like the Hobby Boss V-100, the first kit will be exterior display, while the second will be the more refined version, detail-wise.

The AM companies will be following this with detailed tires, wheels, etc, PE, reasonably soon, if not already in the works. Patience is the key, unless you want to crank it out yourself.
Captin_Caveman_III
Visit this Community
Louisiana, United States
KitMaker: 1,069 posts
Armorama: 1,062 posts
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 01:11 PM UTC
I'm gald to see some one doing this sweet APC, I'm going to keep up with your build "M8"
101yann WOW that photo is so sweet man and those figures look so detailed. Do they come in the Trump kit and if not what Co. do they come from
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 04:27 PM UTC
Dear All
I am happy you like the vehicle, concerning the interior well most of the interior will be occupied by the the turret.
All the doors can be open but you need to remove the horrible ejection pins. I will post so pics when I will arrive to this step.

But now the progress
I have been working on the timoney individual suspension, there is a horrible gap that need to be fill. I did not find any ref pics that show this gap maybe Rob aka Bravo18 can comment on that.
The suspension can be workable by stracht building your own suspension spring, then you can represent in a rough terrain. really cool.

the pics

After putty filling, you have to be really careful with the horrible ejection pins, I dont understand why trumpeter didnot invert thses pieces in the mold because like that you can see the ejection pins ??????

The timoney suspension

it is workable

The spring from the kit rear suspension unit

More to come soon
Cheers
Seb
sopmod6
Visit this Community
Tokyo-to, Japan / 日本
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 05:34 PM UTC
Good update Seb. By the look of things, the suspension parts with lightning holes are slightly out of scale (a liitle too wide and short). The number of holes is one short too. At least the details are there.
seb43
Visit this Community
Paris, France
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 - 11:48 PM UTC
Well Arnold
YOu are right concerning the accuracy here. The holes are normaly square and not rectangular and the hole with the horrible ejection pin should be open.

So Trumpeter need to fix this issue concerning the one that need to be open well you can easily fix this at home right ??
 _GOTOTOP