_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
A MOMENT IN TIME : The British Army a handboo
mackinlay
Visit this Community
Australia
KitMaker: 9 posts
Armorama: 8 posts
Posted: Friday, September 18, 2009 - 01:51 AM UTC
Ladies and Gentlemen,
a correspondent who received a copy suggested that I put up the following on "War Wheels".

Last year, I self Published "A Moment in Time" "The British Army", a 250 hardback book print run, this with 124 photos and 70 badge drawings. This was completely sold out within one week, and I DID NOT/WILL NOT PRINT any more. This was a ZERO profit making exercise, with the intention to provide some of my professional peers and interested persons with a extremely accurate reference source.

I wrote it in the manner of what would have been once called a 'handbook', the content of which is what I would want buy in a handbook.

I am offering FREE to anyone who requires it, the text of the book only (illustrations covered by copyright), in a electronic file copy. This is in A4 size, 10point print, 456 pages, paginated so ready to print out (it is much more easier to use in printed format).

It covers all regiments and corps of the army, the Royal Marines (including their nuclear weapons defence role), the Royal Air Force Regiment), Royal Air Force and Royal Navy support organisation, all unit organisation and equipment tables, ceremonial, special forces, parachuting, and security services of the UK relating to the Armed Forces, the perpheral such as the Royal Bodyguards to Masonic Lodges, all aspects of training including that of overseas armies.

A through description of the weapons currently in use, all forms of AFVs including the wheeled fighting vehicle, logistic vehicles, artillery/engineer/logistical/ signals equipment.

Honours and awards, dress, ration packs to pace sticks. Lots of trivia and historical items.

All the information is taken from the public domain, and only reputable sources used, NOTHING taken from the internet sources such as Wikepedia and discussion groups-with much of what is written is in total variance with such.

From now some 7,000 electronic files sent out, only one factual error has been found, that pointed out by Bob Griffin (the author of the superb books on the Chieftain and Conquerer tanks) this dealing with CR-2 dozer blades (a transcription error from handwritten notes), which was corrected.

This is a totally genuine FREE offer, for a recent response to it, see British Empire and Commonwealth Forces at :
http://groups.google.com/group/becforces/topics?hl=en

If you wish to obtain a copy of the Efile, please send a email to my home address.

[email protected]

Yours,
G/.
G.A.MACKINLAY New South Wales, Australia.
mackinlay
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Monday, September 28, 2009 - 05:31 PM UTC
Ladies and Gentlemen,
Those who have received a copy of the text, the form letter with it should have included the following :
A Mr Tony Hoare in the UK runs a website based upon photographs taken upon Salisbury Plain, the British Army's main UK field training area. A massive site jam packed with vehicles, guns, tactical helos and aircraft, both in the field and in a barracks environment. He constantly updates it.

http://plain-military.tripod.com

Many of the photo sequences are similar to those he has put up on Military Modelling Magazine, and are ideal for the modeller.
Yours,
G/.
G.A.MACKINLAY Country New South Wales Australia.
mackinlay
Visit this Community
Australia
Posted: Saturday, December 05, 2009 - 02:00 PM UTC
Ladies and Gentlemen,
having just come to this forum to post a book review, I thought I would put up a message in regard to this free book offer.

I am pretty certain that no one has requested a copy of the book from me since I put it up back in September. Since that date close on Ten Thousand copies have now in total been sent out by me world wide.

A couple of weeks ago a chap from the New Zealand Antarctic Station at the South Pole, he sending some thirty odd out to his correspondents in the other stations throughout the continent. Another man in Iceland, informed me he had forwarded copies on to fifty people within Iceland, Greenland and Scandinavia, including one to Spitzbergen - since this is the closest permanently inhabited point to the North Pole, I think I can say my book has covered the world.

If anyone wants a copy of this FREE book, that has a great deal of information of wheeled fighting, and logistical vehicles of the British Army, send me a email to :
[email protected]

And a copy will be sent ASAP.
Yours,
G/.
G.A.MACKINLAY
DT61
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 1,226 posts
Armorama: 819 posts
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 11:22 AM UTC
E-mail sent sir.

Darryl
PiperDan
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 180 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2010 - 01:46 AM UTC
Ditto - email sent - I'd love to get my hands on a copy of your book (figuratively speaking as it will be a soft copy).

Cheers - Dan
ChillyMedic
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 54 posts
Armorama: 51 posts
Posted: Saturday, January 09, 2010 - 04:03 AM UTC
Email sent!

Don
NebLWeffah
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada