_GOTOBOTTOM
WarWheels Forum
This forum can be used for all topics and discussions on WarWheels!
Appeal to Terry Ashley of PMMS - Don't Stop
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 04:05 AM UTC
Hi Guys.

Terry Ashley of PMMS has decided to shut down his site. To see his message,go here .

I'd like to make a public appeal to Terry to reconsider your decision. IF YOU WARWHEELS.NET VISITORS AGREE WITH MY SENTIMENTS, PLEASE POST HERE.

Terry.

Athough I do understand your frustration with the bullies out in the world, I hope you reconsider shutting down PMMS.

Personally, I would very much miss your site and especially your reviews. IMHO, your reviews are some of the best available of the tens of thousands on the Internet. In fact, your reviews are usually the first that I check. Why? Well, you have the most complete, useful and HONEST reviews available. Plus you are super quick on getting them out there.

As for what the bullies say, quite honestly I totally ignore all they spout. I treat them like either the biggest lier in the world or the lunatic screaming at the top of his lungs as he walks down the street. I just don't have the time nor the inclination to listen.

Please reconsider your decision Terry. Although I cannot speak for anyone but myself, it is obvious to me that your decision would mean a great loss to many.

Patrick Keenan
Editor - WarWheels.Net
bigjohn188
Visit this Community
Connecticut, United States
KitMaker: 4 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 05:09 AM UTC
Terry:

I'd like to add my same sentiments to Pat's post here. I would hope that you'll reconsider as I am one of "silent majority" who absolutely LOVES your site, although I frequently visit it, I do it anonymously. I am especially appreciative of the reviews and most especially your absolutely impressive abilities in finding out about upcoming releases long before most everyone else does.

It's obvious to me that you are someone who loves what he is doing and is quite passionate about it. If you weren’t, you could never achieve the incredible quality of the work that you put out on your site. Please do not give that up because of the bullies. If you do, then they win. Envy is what drives them, and If you simply continue doing what your do, as well as you do, then they loose. They know this as well, and is most likely what's behind their persistence. Please don't let them win. Confront them. That is how they loose. I know that's difficult to do in cyberspace, and it's difficult to do in perpetuity, but it is the only way. Stay the course.

I urge you to reconsider your decision.

John Gazzola
Northeast Military Modelers Assc.
AJLaFleche
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 8,074 posts
Armorama: 3,293 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 05:51 AM UTC
I dropped him a note directly including a note I sent to one of FSM's moderators requesting that the post in question be deleted since it makes allegations that cannot be refuted.
RKinsella
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 603 posts
Armorama: 575 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 07:00 AM UTC
As said before quiting is only giving victory to the Bullies..
The best thing you could do is just ignore they're bu**sh1t.

closing the site will just give the bullies their kicks.
Ignore them, dont respond to the trash, its the best form of offence never mind defence!

The quick response to this letter here on Armorama already shows there is nothing but support For Terry A and PMMS, so I hope he reconsiders the actions of his letter..

mopnglo
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 452 posts
Armorama: 271 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 07:12 AM UTC
I agree with Patrick. I visit PMMS daily for new kit news and always read the reviews before I make a purchase. PMMS is a very valuable resource that would be sorely missed!

Michael
awrc
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 281 posts
Armorama: 201 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 08:00 AM UTC
I'm another who'd urge Terry to continue - in addition to the new kit news, and the reviews, I also find the site home page, with all of those ads, is a great jumping-off point to visit all of my favorite stores.

I don't always agree with his reviews, but I like the fact that the site consists entirely of reviews by the one person. That's a big plus - you can never be completely objective in a review, and in an area like armor modeling it's impossible to be an absolute authority on everything, but having all those "single-source" reviews means that you can get an idea of Terry's tastes, what issues he considers most important in a kit, what he's very thorough about and what his weak points are.

It'd be a huge loss to the armor modeling community if he shut the site down. I'd add that, to me at least, it'd be a bigger loss than FSM or Dragon's resident attack puppet. While budget's been the main criteria in my purchases for almost a couple of years (unemployment strikes!) the behavior of Dragon towards him has certainly influenced my purchases.

Al
Poldark
Visit this Community
Virginia, United States
KitMaker: 50 posts
Armorama: 37 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 08:16 AM UTC
I wish to express my sincere support for Terry Ashley and PMMS. It has been a well run site with factual reviews and it will leave a void in the review community.

Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 09:06 AM UTC
As my time on the net is relatively limited there are only two sites I go to regularly (almost daily): Armorama and PMMS. I have always (for many years!) trusted Terry's reviews and based quite a few of my builds on them. It would be a great loss for me personally and the modeling comunity as a whole to lose your site, Terry, so I hope you develop a blind eye and ear (ignore!) towards those "people" and continue the great work!

Regards from Switzerland
Stefan
Tojo72
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 4,691 posts
Armorama: 3,509 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 11:21 AM UTC
I 2nd that.....................please don't close the site,your reviews are very helpful.
Doc1652
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 5 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 01:08 PM UTC
Every day when I turn my computer on the first site I go to is yours. Your web site is the only place where I can find out what is new and get an honest review of the products being released. If you shut down your site there would be a large hole in the hobby. As an avid reader of your site I ask you to reconsider your decision to shut down.

Thank You
Dan O’Connor
AMPS Chicago land chapter

Fazer1006
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 234 posts
Armorama: 68 posts
Posted: Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 08:40 PM UTC
I fully support Terry & the PMMS site as it is the only independant review source that I find helpful & comprehesive.
Please, Terry, re-consider your decision on this as everyone I have spoken to has the same feeling. I have asked everyone to 'blog' on the Perth website to let their feeling known.
here's hoping to a good outcome for Terry & for the rest of the modelling fraturnity.
Mark
Gulf11
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 290 posts
Armorama: 113 posts
Posted: Friday, November 06, 2009 - 09:43 AM UTC
Terry;

You have to keep PMMS open. it is the first and usually the only site I ever check when I'm on the road. it's also the first site I look to when I get home.
Please please please keep it open. it's a great service and you do the hobby much credit with the work you do.

Sean
hostias
Visit this Community
Spain / España
KitMaker: 90 posts
Armorama: 84 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 08:26 AM UTC
Friend:

I assume, that you can understand how you feel.

But I say, it is to many people, including myself included, which helps us and for a few minutes ago we have fun and above all helps us to always keep this hobby alive.

Please, please, I think.

We need you, buddy.

A big hug.

Respect,

Jose Ramon Munoz
bizzychicken
Visit this Community
Wales, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 967 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Sunday, November 08, 2009 - 09:17 AM UTC
PLEASE Terry DONT LET THE W****KERS WIN! Your site is without a doubt the best inpartial place in Modelling Cyber Space! IT WOULD BE A GREAT LOSS! Come on were is your Aussie SPUNK. Who cares about these S**T Heads who are only in it to try and promote they're respective companies. DONT LET THEM WIN, CARRY ONE DOING WHAT YOU DO BEST.......... give great honest spot on reviews. A MECCA FOR THE REAL MODELLER. A FRIEND AND CYBER COMPANION Geraint AKA Bizzychicken
 _GOTOTOP