_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
PlusModel Meeting on Promenade
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 02:44 PM UTC
Scott Lodder reviews Meeting on Promenade, a two figure resin kit from PlusModel.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 04:30 PM UTC
No wonder the guy looks depressed look what he married. Why can’t Plus Model make an attractive or feminine female figure? She looks like she hit every branch on the ugly tree TWICE! And then went back for a second go, or maybe its a man in drag. I know a realistic female can be made as you only need look at some of the female figures that are portrayed as tankers and infantry. Scott I think you have been very generous to Plus Model where this offering is concerned.
russamotto
Visit this Community
Utah, United States
KitMaker: 3,389 posts
Armorama: 2,054 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 04:48 PM UTC
They would make a very nice set, as part of a zombie diorama. I agree. Plus Models does a lot of nice items, but where they get the ideas for their figures is anyone's guess.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 07:49 PM UTC
Wow! These make the Italeri German Artillery Troops look good! I cringe at the price these things will fetch - a waste of money.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / España
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 10:50 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Scott I think you have been very generous to Plus Model where this offering is concerned.

No, I think Scott was very fair in fact, He clearly pointed out the shortcomings but also made some good points about how they could be used. It's NOT a set I would buy at all, and yes the comment about PlusModel needing to reevaluate their future figure releases is well made. The other areas of their release program are good, allowing their figures to damage their reputation isn't terribly smart?
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 - 11:13 PM UTC
Grading is subjective and I wanted to let the photos give you a side by side comparison which you wouldn't get anywhere else (manufacturer site). And scales are subjective, my son has a High School grade scale of 7 points (100-93 = A).

The big point that you guys are seeing is that PlusModels does have a wide range of kits and the other kits are really good. Support them for that and hopefully they can gain experince in figure sculpting along the way.
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 04:10 AM UTC
Scott please do not take my comments as being pointed at you in what you have done here, my comments are aimed at Plus Model for releasing what I feel is a bad product, and I know that reviewing some products is harder than others. As despite in some cases your shock/horror at the product you must remain factual, and you have done that. I felt you were overly generous in the percentage score that you gave this product, not in the review and conclusion you gave.
slodder
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 11,718 posts
Armorama: 7,138 posts
Posted: Monday, December 21, 2009 - 05:04 AM UTC
Darren - no harm done, no offense taken. I can't wait to build this and see if I can turn a sow's ear into a purse
 _GOTOTOP