_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
Italeri Release News
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 - 04:16 AM UTC
Italeri have just announced the release of three 'New' (and there's a REAL question mark over the origins of the Humvee) models in 1/35th & 1/48th scale. Images of the Releases, can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

35th-scale
Visit this Community
Kildare, Ireland
KitMaker: 3,212 posts
Armorama: 2,807 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 - 04:54 AM UTC
It doesn't look very new. Box art and sprue shots show the old style wing mirrors but the paint guide shows the new truck style....
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 - 05:31 AM UTC
It would seem that Italeri is not really listening to the buying public judging from this news story of upcoming releases.
HeavyArty
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 17,694 posts
Armorama: 13,742 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 - 06:00 AM UTC
Yup, it's the same old Italeri HMMWV sprues with horrible tires and not much in the way of details. It also has the Revell soft top parts (which are actually better than Academy's; it has the correct shape for the rear cargo top). It is basically a reissue of the reboxed Revell M1038 Cargo HMMWV from years ago that Sabot rode around in as an OC in Germany many noons ago.

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 - 06:14 AM UTC

Quoted Text

It would seem that Italeri is not really listening to the buying public judging from this news story of upcoming releases.

Compare that with Tamiya who are now showing signs of 'Glasnost' with their consumers. Frankly, this release list made me feel a little 'embarassed' when I was putting it together.

Now, if you were to go back a few years and look at the impressive subjects that Italeri was capable of doing, something seems to have gone awry...
Kuno-Von-Dodenburg
Visit this Community
England - North, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,453 posts
Armorama: 1,319 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 - 06:34 AM UTC
Yes, some very ho-hum, uninspiring releases there. They don't send a tingle of excitement down my spine. No sweaty palms and twitchy feet here.

It is a real pity, because Italeri have proven that they are capable of great things (or at least very good things) when they set their minds to it. This lot though is just a lazy batch.

- Steve
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 - 07:20 AM UTC
Well, at least nothing with tracks, that's a plus. Anyone know when Friulmodelismo is going to release their promised LVT tracks? "In the Pacific" has got me thinking about another LVT or two, but ONLY with AM tracks (and please, not the $85 resin ones from Hard Corps Models).
Scottosaurus
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 83 posts
Armorama: 59 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 02:01 AM UTC
Hi Jim:

I was looking at the AB.41 this past weekend and I have to say it looked like a pretty decent kit (albeit simple). The metal chassis was much better-detailed than the Tamiya ones I've seen (and built). It is nice to see another player in 1/48 armour, at least. AFV Club's kits are beautiful, but they haven't brought out too much as yet.

You imply that the Opel and the AB.41 are not Italeri moulds. If so, then whose are they? Tamiya is boxing them as well, but on the boxes they acknowledge these as Italeri kits (like "their" 1/35 Staghound).

I do agree that Italeri is capable of much better in 1/35. I hope that they bring out some more exotic and ambitious kits in the future (Diamond T tank transporter would be nice, as would an M1A1 wrecker).

Cheers,

Scott
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 02:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

You imply that the Opel and the AB.41 are not Italeri moulds. If so, then whose are they? Tamiya is boxing them as well, but on the boxes they acknowledge these as Italeri kits (like "their" 1/35 Staghound).

I understand they're from another (Italian?) company, whose name, I can't for the life of me remember. Anyone help?
Negrillo
Visit this Community
England - North East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 58 posts
Armorama: 54 posts
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 11:55 AM UTC
Supermodel is the manufacturer you`re thinking of Jim, TRACK 48 make some nice AM stuff for this kit ! :-

jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 - 09:18 PM UTC
Stirling, thanks!

Yep, Supermodel has made their (very nice) range of 48th scale kits available under licence...
muchachos
Visit this Community
Ontario, Canada
KitMaker: 537 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 12:51 PM UTC
The title of this news report seems almost sarcastic to me. "News: Italeri Release News!" I realized that the sarcasm was fitting when I checked out the news.
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2010 - 12:23 AM UTC
No, no sarcasm was intended (honest! ) However, after the comments about the Humvee, people do seem to be voting with their wallets...

The 48th Scale Releases are, in my opinion the best of a pretty uninspiring bunch. Considering that these will almost certainly be released under the Tamiya label, I wonder about the german Truck as it'll go head to head with the Tamiya Blitz in 1/48..

At least there are more to come in quarter-scale...
goldnova72
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 627 posts
Armorama: 592 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2010 - 12:58 PM UTC
Picked up an Italeri Preview flyer from LHS ,and there seems to be a few interesting repops in 1/35., all with photo etch and upgraded molds.
#6486 pzr IV H
#6487 pzr VI (Tiger 1 Hibred)
#6488 Jagd pzr IV
#6489 pzr 38(t) E/F
#6491 stug IV
Also new ? , M 10 ( Achilles) and a Italian 47/32 AT gun and crew.
Looks like some old favs updated ,just hope the price is affordable.
Havoc
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 893 posts
Armorama: 682 posts
Posted: Friday, March 26, 2010 - 01:18 PM UTC
Always nice to see new kits released but this one doesn't float my boat.

I'm still hoping against hope that we'll see an LVT-1, and LVT-3, an LVT-A5 and an LCM-6 (or any other landing craft for that matter)...

Regards and Aloha,

Johnny B.
 _GOTOTOP