_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Einheits-Diesel Kfz. 61
staff_Jim
Staff MemberPublisher
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
New Hampshire, United States
KitMaker: 12,571 posts
Armorama: 6,599 posts
Posted: Monday, May 17, 2010 - 05:52 PM UTC
Jim takes a look at a rare German Telephone Exchange Van offering from IBG Models in Poland.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
CReading
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 1,726 posts
Armorama: 892 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 - 02:25 AM UTC
Thanks for the review Jim. This is a pretty esoteric subject. Kudos to IBG Models for producing it. It will make a great diorama center piece.

Cheers,
Charles
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 - 02:54 AM UTC
I was disappointed on my recent trip to Berlin that Motag Modelbau didn't have either kit in stock, as they are a welcome addition to the soft skins area. It sounds like the AM interior is a must-have for making the most of the kit, but I'm sure there are ways to integrate it into a dio with the doors closed.

A very good review, Jim, it really gives me a feel for what I would be getting.
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Tuesday, May 18, 2010 - 10:20 AM UTC
Like most Eastern European kits, a little crude in some areas. That being said, this looks, at least on the outside, to be a great looking truck. Just think how many dios in the past have had to use the Opel Blitz because nothing else was around. This opens up a whole new world of possibilities. I really hope other manufacturers take note of what modellers want and follow suit. Would love to see a Ford, Chev, Renault, Lancia or Citroen truck in plastic..and maybe another German one, like a Henschel or something. Woo hoo! Good times!
 _GOTOTOP