Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Soft skinned
emroglan
Visit this Community
Istanbul, Turkey / Türkçe
KitMaker: 1,163 posts
Armorama: 842 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 - 08:34 PM UTC
Update on my builds.

The M151A2 was painted in standard NATO colors... The photos at that stage were deleted however, when my camera had a strong disagreement with its memory card. Here are photos at its latest stage, after decals and gloss coat.

I also found time to paint my Citroen 11CV. The base color is Tamiya XF-58 Olive Green.

Then I played around with a few darker and lighter shades. A little too much whitening of colors due to the alcohol I use to thin Tamiya paints. Will look better once there's some gloss coat or filters on.

JirkaZahradnik
Visit this Community
Czech Republic
KitMaker: 3 posts
Armorama: 2 posts
Posted: Monday, October 18, 2010 - 09:53 PM UTC
Hi everybody, I am new member on armorama (joined 5 days ago) - may I join today this campaign with an tamiya jeep 1/35 from Czechoslovak Independed Armoured Brigade?
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 04:17 AM UTC
Hi guys,
Some really good progress shots here. This is where I'm at
Photobucket
Need to touch up some spots on the the seats and some other places as well
Photobucket
Progress is a little slow as I'm working on the Targets that shoot back Campaign at the same time
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 06:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hi everybody, I am new member on armorama (joined 5 days ago) - may I join today this campaign with an tamiya jeep 1/35 from Czechoslovak Independed Armoured Brigade?

Your jeep would be fine for this campaign. You can enlist on here Soft-Skinned Campaign.

To find out about how campaigns work, read this thread For Those New to Armorama Campaigns .
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 07:24 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Lookin good Thomo, I need to pick one of those Bedfords up for myself sometime. How has building it been?

Evening

I would put it like this. I have two of these kits as I was keen on doing a couple of bedfords, the portee being a sort of practice and the other was to be a vehicle carrying NZ troops of the 28th Bn during WWII in the desert as I have a photo and was keen to have a go at copying it.

I will be selling the second kit as I found it was similar to putting together individual tracks. (that might be a bit harsh). I might have been spoilt with Tamiya and Dragon kits but I was a little frustrated during some parts of the build.

In saying that, I am glad I have put it together and if there are no other alternatives what can you do.

Understood, and that's what I was expecting to hear. Maybe in the future we can look forward to Tamiya, Dragon, or Bronco releasing a line of Bedfords, but that may be wishful thinking

I am going to be building an old Chevrolet kit from the same company as the Bedford, of which Italeri/Testors have acquired the molds quite some time ago.
thomokiwi
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 438 posts
Armorama: 359 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 06:02 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Understood, and that's what I was expecting to hear. Maybe in the future we can look forward to Tamiya, Dragon, or Bronco releasing a line of Bedfords, but that may be wishful thinking

I am going to be building an old Chevrolet kit from the same company as the Bedford, of which Italeri/Testors have acquired the molds quite some time ago.

I also have two of those Kits in my stash so I will interested in how they go together.
randyd
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 241 posts
Armorama: 199 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 08:16 PM UTC

Hello All, Everybody seems to be making good progress,

Thank you , Jim for stepping up!

Neal, How is that Jaguar figure?

Keith , good looking camo job on the mutt and trailer. Man, you even have a base! Just one pic?

Emre, You are one painting machine Both kits are looking sweet!

Sven , The Goat is looking cool. Really nice work on the interior

Thomo, You have done a fine job with that kit!!

Sal, Your progress looks really good!

Jiri, Welcome aboard, looking forward to your build

Jesper, The bed came cast like that! Still have not started to put glue to anything yet on my build, got bogged down in reference.
I need to get to work!

Randy
bernhard67
KitMaker: 5 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 08:50 PM UTC
Hello to All

I Like to say that in 2011 from IBG a Bedford QL on the market come 1n 1/35 scale. But I Hope that in the next years from Bronco , Miniart a Morris Quart of a Dodge 110 off a C15TA Armoured truck , Otter , Humber IV

nice greatings from

bernhard from the Netherlands
thomokiwi
Visit this Community
Christchurch, New Zealand
KitMaker: 438 posts
Armorama: 359 posts
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 08:58 PM UTC
The put together, had to remove the engine to get the cab on.

I hope Bernhard is right about the new releases

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 09:50 PM UTC
Beautiful interior, Sven! It looks fantastic.

Nice builds, Emre. You are making fast progress. Nice tiger making on the Mutt, although not a frightening fighting vehicle.

Nice Bedford, Thomo. A real interesting vehicle.

Looking forward to see more.
Firefly74
Visit this Community
Queensland, Australia
KitMaker: 224 posts
Armorama: 205 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 11:58 PM UTC
Lots of progress here! Great looking builds all.
Many thanks to our new campaign leader for taking on the job!
Here's a progress shot of the 1:72 GAZ-67,have left off a coupla of parts to paint separately.
There's been some fit issues and the plastic is quite odd... a little soft and brittle at the same time.The detail is really quite nice and i think it'll scrub up pretty well.I think it's the smallest thing i've ever built!
Now for a coat of primer and my first ever attempt at putting in a 'windshield'.
Looking forward to seeing more progress photos from everyone,a lot of interesting builds being done!
Thomo: what brand kit is the portee? (BTW I'm doing a NZ 28th Btn vehicle for the down under campaign next year but am having trouble finding good quality resource photos,any suggestions?).
Jiri: welcome to your first campaign! Have fun!
Cheers,
Tim

GunTruck
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 5,885 posts
Armorama: 3,799 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 07:31 AM UTC
Great progress everyone! All this softskin building warms my heart!

Tim ~ I have never seen a 1:72 scale GAZ before - I think I'd need my Optivisors to finish that!
JirkaZahradnik
Visit this Community
Czech Republic
KitMaker: 3 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 09:20 AM UTC
Thanks to all for willkomming. Here is my first picture, just to try the upload. It shows my yeasterday´s and today´s work.

GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 12:05 PM UTC

I settled on my entry into the Softskins Campaign with something I've wanted to do for a long time.

I'm gonna build a Dodge WC-64 KD Ambulance for my personal collection. I don't have a conversion kit, so I'm going to convert/stretch the Skybow WC-51 3/4-ton Truck model kit and scratchbuild the components to make a KD rear body.

Will post photos of project to catch up with everyone else ASAP!
MikeM670
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 278 posts
Armorama: 231 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 12:45 PM UTC
My engine kit from plus model's arrived today. I have been waiting for the kit before I proceeded very far in the build. Here is a picture of the box and contents. The kits contains 35 resin parts and a pe set.

Mike
ianclasper
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 227 posts
Armorama: 141 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 07:40 PM UTC
I have been making some progress with my DUKW

Overall Shot showing mods to hull and cargo compartment and rear deck - Although covers were used on both forward and aft wheel wells, many photos show only the front wheels covered, so this is how I am modeling my DUKW

Close up of scratch front wheel cover and the filled holes in the side rails. The red patches are where the side rails have been filled. The covers are made from .040" styrene cut to the shape of the wheel well, with a backing of .020" cut to the slightly larger inner well to give the cover some strength. The strips are .040" x .040" and .040" x .060" evergreen

Rear view showing rear deck changes, note tire on Left Hatch on Right - The deck has been temporally installed into the hull. The hatch is .020" styrene and will be detailed with parts from the Eduard detail kit

Ian
Grumpyoldman
Staff MemberConsigliere
KITMAKER NETWORK
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 15,338 posts
Armorama: 7,297 posts
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 08:38 AM UTC
OK, I've decided I will be building this kit for the campaign:

S-Models' Ursus A TKS Tank Transporter in 1/35th scale.
MikeM670
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 11:21 AM UTC
That sure does look interesting. I have yet to attempt anything with vacum formed parts. Will be following this one with interest.

Mike
MikeM670
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 03:58 PM UTC
Here are a few images of the engine and frame modifications needed for installing the plus models opel engine.

Shown above is the section of the front frame removed that will be replaced with the insert from the kit.

Here the insert has been glued into place. I broke off a piece of the frame and replaced it with a bit of sheet plastic.

Quick image of the engine build in progress. Using epoxy and it takes some time to set firm so my fingers don't keep messing things up.

Mike

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 08:42 PM UTC
Interesting choice of kit, Dave. It will be interesting to follow. Vacformed parts are really a challenge.

I have made a little more progress on my ESCI 1/72 Dodge. The main colours are on and the initial weathering done. Next are some washes, pastels, and some sprayed dust.

More to follow

AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 07:15 AM UTC
Hi guys,

Excellent stuff, lots of interesting builds going on here - nice work everyone.

Al
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Monday, October 25, 2010 - 02:00 PM UTC
This is awesome, I think this is quickly becoming the most interesting campaign yet
eqNeal
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 39 posts
Armorama: 36 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 11:45 AM UTC
Progress so far on my Schwimmwagen. I'm not happy with the bench rear seat so I'll add some gear and maybe a tarp or something to try and hide it.

GunTruck
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 11:52 AM UTC
Nice and clean work on the Schimmwagen Neal - I look forward to seeing it finished and weathered!
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 10:22 PM UTC
Looks very good, neal. The extra PE details really adds realism.

Looking forward to see more.