_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
NEWS
ICM: June 2010 Releases
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Provincia de Lugo, Spain / Espaņa
KitMaker: 12,927 posts
Armorama: 9,486 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 - 10:02 PM UTC
ICM have just mailed us to announce that two of the models on their list are going to be available this month. The New releases can be seen:

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!

FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2010 - 10:29 PM UTC
Yes yes yes Finally the Stoewer Kubel from ICM... A release I have been waiting on for a long long time.

Thanks for bringing such great news Jim
WarWheels
Visit this Community
Illinois, United States
KitMaker: 1,816 posts
Armorama: 1,402 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 01:44 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Yes yes yes Finally the Stoewer Kubel from ICM... A release I have been waiting on for a long long time.

I definitely agree. It seems like forever since they made the original announcement.
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 03:43 AM UTC
It's a great time for soft skins!
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 2,012 posts
Armorama: 1,949 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 04:42 AM UTC
The Stoewer Kubel is a welcome addition to the available softskins but I find companies like ICM a bit of an enigma.
Their stuff is very good but they don't put the word out on new releases enough.
I recently picked up their Studebaker US6 U4 with front bumper winch, but found little or no mention of the kit on any of the various website forums,
It's not even listed on ICM's own website.
They must have a limited sales and advertising department !!
Maybe they're gun-shy following the Tamiya/ICM Matilda brew-ha-ha
Cheers

jjumbo
bill_c
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
MODEL SHIPWRIGHTS
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 10,553 posts
Armorama: 8,109 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 09:58 AM UTC
Sorry, John, the Studebaker is most definitely on their website, though I agree that ICM doesn't put a lot of $$$ into marketing.
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 11:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Sorry, John, the Studebaker is most definitely on their website, though I agree that ICM doesn't put a lot of $$$ into marketing.

Hey Bill,
The US6 U4 is a new kit that comes with a front bumper winch.
I can't find it on the ICM website as it appears the site hasn't been updated for some time now.
Sorry if this is but the same goes for Bronco.
They now produce or will produce a number of staff cars but there's no mention on their website.
Cheers

jjumbo
Jmarles
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 1,138 posts
Armorama: 953 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 06:00 PM UTC
this is awesome - I wonder if this could be used as a radio car, or maybe a propaganda kompanie vehicle..very cool, very fresh...about time this famous little car was made in styrene...so rad! I guess it's just panzer grey or maybe DAK scheme, is there a tri colour option here?

A little convoy of this, a Horch 1a, a citroen, and a Horch kfz. 15 would look cool! A chance to use those early war decals cannot be missed!
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 07:41 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey Bill,
The US6 U4 is a new kit that comes with a front bumper winch.
I can't find it on the ICM website as it appears the site hasn't been updated for some time now.
Sorry if this is but the same goes for Bronco.
They now produce or will produce a number of staff cars but there's no mention on their website.

I honestly don't see this as any kind of problem. Everything released and announced by ICM (and Bronco), is covered HERE in depth...
jjumbo
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 08:22 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I honestly don't see this as any kind of problem. Everything released and announced by ICM (and Bronco), is covered HERE in depth...

Hey Jim,
Don't take it the wrong way, you guys that post the news updates do a brilliant job but it seems that sometimes the odd few kits are missed, ICM's Studebaker US6 U4 being one.
I looked and couldn't find any reports on the site.
Just thought it would be nice if some of the manufacturers would update their websites once in a while with their newest releases !!
Cheers

jjumbo
jimbrae
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 10:04 PM UTC
A serious problem, is that rarely to manufacturers give us the additional detail (beyond the images) that we actually need. The Studebaker is a case in point.

The REAL issue here is the language barrier. I don't speak Chinese or Russian - both of which would be a great help in communication. That way we could really get the details that are needed
graysokol
Visit this Community
Hungary
KitMaker: 17 posts
Armorama: 11 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 15, 2010 - 01:48 AM UTC

Quoted Text

A serious problem, is that rarely to manufacturers give us the additional detail (beyond the images) that we actually need. The Studebaker is a case in point.

The REAL issue here is the language barrier. I don't speak Chinese or Russian - both of which would be a great help in communication. That way we could really get the details that are needed

Hi, Jim

If you need help in communication I can and I'm ready to help you with Russian. No sweat. Chinese is tough issue, I cannot help either.
 _GOTOTOP