_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Steel Masters Thématique Issue 9
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2010 - 05:01 PM UTC
Stefan Halter takes a look at Steel Masters Thématique Issue 9, a French language armor modeling magazine with this issue focusing on the Panzer IV.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 12:45 AM UTC
James, thanks for getting this up!

Cheers!
Stefan
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 12:58 AM UTC
Very nice review mate... Very informational but as you already mentioned the reason why I stopped buying these is the fact that I cannot read French. So I don't understand any of what is described in the magazine. I think they could have a much bigger audience had they made the mag in English
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 01:12 AM UTC
Thanks Robert. You could still try the German mag, you'd probably understand more (German being close to Dutch...).

As for the language, I think making the captions French and English (like some other publications) would have been enough to enlarge the market considerably.

Cheers!
Stefan
FAUST
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 8,797 posts
Armorama: 4,190 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2010 - 01:40 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Thanks Robert. You could still try the German mag, you'd probably understand more (German being close to Dutch...).

As for the language, I think making the captions French and English (like some other publications) would have been enough to enlarge the market considerably.

Cheers!
Stefan

For a Dutch person I speak German very good... I also understand it very good only my writing lacks a bit in that respect.

Well to tell you the very truth. I haven't bought a magazine in years. I don't feel that they add a lot to my life. And there are not a lot of things that I can find exclusively in magazines that also can be found on the internet. I rather invest in books.
Last mags I used to buy were the Military Modelling specials but completely quit with that when they brought out their Euromilitaire special of 2008. Which was a complete waste of paper, money, shipping costs etc. etc. Basically a complete waste of everything involved. But I think that had more to do with the dictatorial regime MM used to follow
 _GOTOTOP