_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
All American Tracks
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,096 posts
Armorama: 1,983 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 07:12 AM UTC
Hay all since there has been allot of talk about Russian/soviet/eastern european armour campaigns how about an all American campaign as well?

All US armour past and presant?

Who's in?

also thinking about a British bulldog campaign for all UK armour past and present.

Both starting early next year.
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 07:46 AM UTC
Well, I suppose it would give a home to all the "non Sherman" armour out there! (Between the Shermans and Korea campaigns, the M4-based pile is gonna get very small...)

I've got a few in the stash that would fit, so I'd be in.

Tom
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 09:06 AM UTC
yeah why not you guys got me addicted to this thing here but i have to find something American shouldn't be to hard
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 07:25 PM UTC
US Armor is always welcome. I surely will try but there are just too many interesting campaigns around at the moment...

This would be for anything that has armor? Not just tanks? I was thinking about a more specialized US armor campaign for the future, something like US light tanks (from the M1 combat car to the Sheridan).

Cheers!
Stefan
sfctur1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 643 posts
Armorama: 497 posts
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2010 - 06:50 AM UTC
Sounds good. What time frame are you thinking of starting it?
Tom
Tonyfr
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 516 posts
Armorama: 391 posts
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2010 - 07:51 AM UTC
Both would work for me. I have plenty of US armor and a Challenger 2 sitting, waiting to be built.

Tony
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 07:17 AM UTC
probably start early next year January or February?
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 07:31 PM UTC
Scott, maybe there are too many campaigns at the moment... I'm surprised this one doesn't take off, but then I am not, when I look at the many campaigns. And so many of them include US Armor (Sherman Cmapaign, Military Engineering, 48th scale, Blitzkrieg 3, SP-AA, Korean War, Stryker, Abrams, Humveee,...).

Maybe we should aim at a mid 2011 start? Or April 1st?

Cheers!
Stefan
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 - 08:12 PM UTC
Sounds like a Great Idea ! I already have in mind something that may fit this campaign. An 82nd Airborne Dio or Vignette should work nicely as they are the "All American". That is of course if Figures and/or an Airborne Artillery piece can be included. milvehfan
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 03:24 PM UTC
Come on guys,
All American Campaign, how can you go wrong here, its being proposed by a guy from the UK, there is all types of stuff to build, and as Bill Murray said in the movie Stripes, "We're 9 and 1", (think this should be updated to 11 and 1, MHO)
But even with all the American model builders on this site we can only get 4 Americans to commit to a build here. That's pathetic I know we got the Sherman Campaign going right now and lots of people are doing some great work there, but all types of Sherman's are being built.
So come on and jump on board, Scott is running some fine other campaigns and this is such a broad subject that lots of people should be jumping all over this one
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 05:57 PM UTC
Whoa Sal, give people a chance! I just saw this campaign, and you guys know I'm in

Scott: I agree with Stefan, could we have a March/April start for this campaign?
mecanix
Visit this Community
Kerry, Ireland
KitMaker: 201 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 06:36 AM UTC
Scott,

Count me in as well
I came across an old OOP Christie T1 Combat Car conversion at the bottom of the pile and this is a perfect opportunity to build it.
An early Spring start would have my vote as well.

Paddy
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 08:28 PM UTC

Quoted Text

An early Spring start would have my vote as well.

Early Spring would be good. But no one seems interested in American Armor...

Cheers!
Stefan
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 04:55 AM UTC
Hay gang sorry for not replying sooner, but i have had some computer problems!! A nasty virus got in threw two anti virus's and the fire wall and fried my hard drive!

So are you all happy with April 1st 2011 as the start? do we want to open this up to US vehicles or just armour?
barkingdigger
Staff MemberAssociate Editor
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 3,981 posts
Armorama: 3,403 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 05:04 AM UTC
I could do vehicles or armour (got tons of both), but how long will it run? 6 months, 9 months, a year?

Tom
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 06:50 AM UTC

Quoted Text

So are you all happy with April 1st 2011 as the start? do we want to open this up to US vehicles or just armour?

Scott,
April 1 works good, lots of campaigns starting in the beginning of the year, as far as vehicles go, could go either way all US or just armor makes no difference to me.
vanize
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 1,954 posts
Armorama: 629 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 06:54 AM UTC
I could probably get into this one.
mecanix
Visit this Community
Kerry, Ireland
KitMaker: 201 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 07:33 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Scott,
April 1 works good, lots of campaigns starting in the beginning of the year, as far as vehicles go, could go either way all US or just armor makes no difference to me.

I agree with Sal,there are a couple of great campaigns running over the winter to concentrate on, so picking this one up in the spring would fit nicely.
regards
Paddy
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 07:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Hay gang sorry for not replying sooner, but i have had some computer problems!! A nasty virus got in threw two anti virus's and the fire wall and fried my hard drive!

I agree on and April 2011 start date, and you should open this up to all American vehicles. We have a lot of fans of American wheeled vehicles and we don't want to exclude them
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 07:59 AM UTC
Starting date is fine with me. I say we go armor only, there is a soft skin campaign and a non-fighting vehicles campaign for the others. And since there is also an armored car campaign in the making I would even be so bold as to suggest that we make it tanks or tracked AFV only...

Cheers!
Stefan
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 10:10 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Starting date is fine with me. I say we go armor only, there is a soft skin campaign and a non-fighting vehicles campaign for the others. And since there is also an armored car campaign in the making I would even be so bold as to suggest that we make it tanks or tracked AFV only...

Cheers!
Stefan

Good call Stefan, I just went through the other up and coming campaigns and we have a few soft skin and wheeled campaigns, the last thing we'd want to do here is take potential enlistments from those campaigns by making this one too broad. The soft skins and armored wheeled vehicles deserve their own campaigns.

My vote has changed back to keeping this an all tracked American armor campaign.

Perhaps we should rename this campaign "American Heavy Metal"?
Just a thought...
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 08:57 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Cheers!
Stefan

Good call Stefan, I just went through the other up and coming campaigns and we have a few soft skin and wheeled campaigns, the last thing we'd want to do here is take potential enlistments from those campaigns by making this one too broad. The soft skins and armored wheeled vehicles deserve their own campaigns.

My vote has changed back to keeping this an all tracked American armor campaign.

Perhaps we should rename this campaign "American Heavy Metal"?
Just a thought...

Not sure about keeping it tracked only i wouldn't want to offend all the stryker fans out there.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 11:43 AM UTC
We already have the Armored Wheeled Vehicles campaign for Stryker fans.
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 08:52 AM UTC

Quoted Text

We already have the Armored Wheeled Vehicles campaign for Stryker fans.

So are we happy to have tracks only? And To have any vehicles from any time period?
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 30, 2010 - 04:30 PM UTC
Scott: Thumbs up from me
 _GOTOTOP