My first diorama and the base of my second
blondeassasin
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 7 posts
Armorama: 6 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 11:28 AM UTC
Hello,
I have some pictures of my first diorama. Just to say i still havent found the right things to make it look like there is rubble over the floor of the building. Also the colours are not historicly correct as it was my first try so i was just trying to test things out.
I bought a diorama kit from tamiya. I am actually really pleased with it. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it better then please let me know.
My second one i am building from scratch. First i got a cardboard box and put polastirien in the bottom of it. Then i put newspaper in water then built up the rest of the bottom. I then put plaster of paris over the top of it to harden the top.
Im now not sure what to do for the colours of the floor and what to put down.
If anyone can help please let me know.
Thank you for looking.
Heather
I dont know how to put pictures on here. Help
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:03 PM UTC
Hi Heather,what type of floor do you want Ie a dirt floor or concrete,floor boards.what i do is to go to a coffee shop buy a cup then help myself to a hand full of their wooden stirers ideal for floor boards,for dirt or mud floors I use those cheap acrylics they sell in art shops Anitas ithink their called also get some artists pastels(chalks) in various earth colours they make great dust.for rubble go out the garden any old bricks smash them up into tiny pieces instant rubble,after bombfire night collect any rocket sticks you can find they come in various sizes make great wooden beams.the foil from the necks of wine bottles when rolled and painted make tarpaulins,or cut them carefully to make weapon straps helmet straps or vehicle tie down straps.hope this helps
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:09 PM UTC
Hello Heather. Welcome to Armorama. Good to see more girls joining in.
I dont have time to answer all your questions now, but follow the attached link to my blog, and there are several of my latest dioramas there, with descriptions of how I did it. Might give you some ideas, and maybe will allow for more specific questions that are quicker to answer
My Blog

I also have some older articles on Armorama that might shed some light.
Dio 1
Dio 2

meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 786 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:20 PM UTC
hey Heather, everyone has trouble put pics in their thread the first time. there is a thread in the Site Talk Forum for help:

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/160749&page=1

you can go to the photos tab (next to forums it is) and then on the top right it says Upload Photos. then browse your desktop for the files (don't make them too big as non-subcribers have a limit to how much image space is available).

then hit Reply in your thread and you will see img in brackets as a button. just click it and it always sticks at the end of your text (weird). then cut and paste the link where it says "put.url.here/image.file" (the text from "http" to "jpg" only from the example shown in the link i provided).

there you go. cheers, mh.
Easy_Co
Visit this Community
England - South East, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 1,933 posts
Armorama: 985 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2010 - 12:20 PM UTC
me again, re the photo's go to user support on the forums page theres a how to do it post, really helpful.
Zaltar
Visit this Community
British Columbia, Canada
KitMaker: 272 posts
Armorama: 264 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 03:19 AM UTC
I personally prefer using Photobucket and copying the IMG code and pasting it in your post.

zaltar
DrForce
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 38 posts
Armorama: 38 posts
Posted: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 06:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I personally prefer using Photobucket and copying the IMG code and pasting it in your post.

zaltar

Totally agree with this
 _GOTOTOP