Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Urban Warfare Campaign
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 2,096 posts
Armorama: 1,983 posts
Posted: Monday, July 04, 2011 - 10:20 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Scott: good start. How was the bike to build? I have that set in the stash and am wondering.

Thanks Zon to be honest its a PIG! the parts dont fit well at all, I had to do lot of work to make it fit, the tamiya bike I did for the JGSDF dio I am working on is a lot better.
littlebear573
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 142 posts
Armorama: 138 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 12:14 AM UTC
hey guys have made some more progress. slow and steady.

have started painting exterior of hospital not sure which is worse laying the bricks or painting the.

have also made a start on 2 of the other bases not sure weather to put the 88mm on the corner with sand bags around it.

hope you like. am of work for two weeks so should get a lot done

jesse figures look fantastic
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 12:35 AM UTC
Looks great, David. A extensive city fight you have laid out.

I suggest you construct the sandbags from clay or putty instead of using the plastic sandbags. You will get a much more realistic look from putty sandbags.

Looking forward to see more of your great work.
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 09:59 AM UTC
Hay gang I have been looking at some of the miniart building dio sets and I think I may be able to use one for my needs? I have an idea in my head of what I want to do? I am thinking of having a street corner somewhere in eastern Europe with some rusty barrels and a burnt out car as airfix do some kits in 1/32 scale that will be close enough I think??
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
KitMaker: 1,646 posts
Armorama: 1,557 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 - 02:11 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Scott: good start. How was the bike to build? I have that set in the stash and am wondering.

Thanks Zon to be honest its a PIG! the parts dont fit well at all, I had to do lot of work to make it fit, the tamiya bike I did for the JGSDF dio I am working on is a lot better.

Scott: Thanks for the reply. Is the Tamiya bike modern? If so, which kit does it come with?

Thanks, zon
littlebear573
Visit this Community
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 01:58 AM UTC
hi again am currently working on the shop fronts and interiors which as i thought i taking a long time and making my head hurt but am making progress even if it is slow.
will have some pics later hopefully. (just bought a shinny new camera so im excited.)
Sudzonic
Visit this Community
Scotland, United Kingdom
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 02:43 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Scott: Thanks for the reply. Is the Tamiya bike modern? If so, which kit does it come with?

Thanks, zon

The bike comes with the JGSDF reconnaissance set and is a modern Honda xlr 250 trail bike. If you have a look at my build log for my JGSDF in Iraq dio you can see how the bike builds up.

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/173135#1453608
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 662 posts
Armorama: 457 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 04:15 AM UTC
ive been doing work on the tank commander. not sure what color the hat should be though. any thoughts.

jccraemer
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 462 posts
Armorama: 262 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 08:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

did the same kit about two years back and had the same problem keep up the good work.

zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 06, 2011 - 01:27 PM UTC
Jesse: nice work on the figure, again!

Scott and John: Thanks for the additional feedback. I'll look for the Tamiya set. Also, Scott, the JGSDF Lav and bike looks good!!

Happy Modelling, -zon
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2011 - 06:05 PM UTC
just have to work on getting the headsite wire on it.....and a quick coat of flat clear

also, to give a couple ideas of the final outcome-

melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, July 08, 2011 - 10:16 AM UTC
tank commander done---the white of the string used for the wiring wont be visible once he is mounted in the tank.
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 03:13 PM UTC
Jesse great work on the figures, what did you used for the headphone wires?
Here is a quick update of what was dug out of the spare parts box to use as extra stuff in my garage Photobucket
Question to all you guys how do i get a flat look to the wire that i used for the air hose
zontar
Visit this Community
Hawaii, United States
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2011 - 07:57 PM UTC
Jesse: nice work on the figures and the layout is working well. Can I send you my figures to build and paint?

Sal: try painting it with a flat coat like Model Masters Flat Clear Acrylic. I do this with my vinyl tires and it seems to give them a nice flat sheen and a good base to paint over. HTH. Looking good with the extra stuff by the way. At first I thought the leaf springs were some guys legs sticking out from under the table

Happy Modelling, -zon
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 04:17 AM UTC
i was originally trying to use really fine wire for the headphone wires. i was running into alot of problems getting them to stay. so, i had to think of an alternative. the first alternative i thought of was sewing thread. but, its too thick. so, looking at my desk, i had a piece of gauze sitting there.i took one thread out of the gauze. the gauze thread is really fine and easy to work with.
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 10:07 AM UTC
im thinking of adding a palm tree. but, i dont want to make it too busy. i think that a palmtree may help the look that much more. what do you guys think.
if you think it would go good on my dio, where would you put it? i have an idea. but i wanted to get input before i went to put one in
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2011 - 11:34 AM UTC

Quoted Text

im thinking of adding a palm tree. but, i dont want to make it too busy. i think that a palmtree may help the look that much more. what do you guys think.
if you think it would go good on my dio, where would you put it? i have an idea. but i wanted to get input before i went to put one in

Jesse I think it looks good with out the tree but if you are gonna add 1 I would put it to the right of the fence

Thanks for the tip about the gauze string i may need to try that
littlebear573
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 03:30 AM UTC
well have made a start on the shop front it is a slow and painful process but an quite pleased with the result so far just 2 more left to do. they will all be slightly different.

its made mainly of layered card with some plastic strips

like the work you have done so far jesse love the figures
littlebear573
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 07:56 AM UTC
have done some more work on the shop front and shop.

i intend to render the top 2/3rds of the shops mainly to reduce brick work but think it will add to the overall feel by adding damage to the render and will be a change from all brick buildings
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 08:09 AM UTC
David this looks great. Lots of great work going on in everyone's posts which is making me feel guilty. Have to kick start my dio again this weekend
RedwingNev
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 06:13 AM UTC

Quoted Text

What will the bloke on the bottle be stood on? (apologies if I missed this on an earlier post). Like the rest of the set-up, the soldier on the stairs is a nice touch
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 08:08 AM UTC
hes going to be on the ground further into the doorway peeking in to see what is beyond it.
RedwingNev
Visit this Community
England - East Midlands, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 911 posts
Armorama: 348 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 08:18 PM UTC
OK, that would make sense, and capture the tense, ever-present sense of danger of urban warfare.
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 - 09:11 AM UTC
Hi Guys, here is my latest update, all extras have been added to the workshop area
Photobucket
the added rubble is broken up old, dried out plywood that has been sprayed with some black and smashed up plaster of paris that has been sprayed black, rust, and gray
Photobucket
I then added Woodland Fine turf Earth
Photobucket
Please let me know what you guys think or if I should add anything before the figures get added
I dont know why the last picture is sideways
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2011 - 12:26 PM UTC
when stuff collapses, there will normally be alot of dust. i would recommend either a dust filter or a very light coat of paint on the rubble/floor