_GOTOBOTTOM
Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Urban Warfare Campaign
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
KitMaker: 6,048 posts
Armorama: 4,619 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 05:18 AM UTC
The Urban Warfare Campaign proposal has been approved and you can see the rules and enlist here

The scope of the campaign is from 1/144 to 1/16 scale- all eras and runs for a calendar year starting next March 1st
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
KitMaker: 786 posts
Armorama: 753 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 05:58 AM UTC
signed up, cheers to Pat and the Armorama staff for setting up another great campaign.

i've enlisted in so many campaigns right now the only way i'll get them finished is if i build a Stryker battling a T34 in Italy based on a photo and setup with civilian soft skins converted to military use piled on top of a burnt out Tiger... in winter !?!?!

oh well, it will look cool. cheers, bd.
sfctur1
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 643 posts
Armorama: 497 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 06:21 AM UTC
Pat,
I'm signed up and thinking of what I will do.
Tom
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 06:29 AM UTC
Hi, A few weeks back I picked up the Dio Plus Brick Factory. Have yet to build one of these kits. The time frame is perfect for me/gives me time to get a Dio planned. milvehfan
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 06:42 AM UTC

Quoted Text

signed up, cheers to Pat and the Armorama staff for setting up another great campaign.

i've enlisted in so many campaigns right now the only way i'll get them finished is if i build a Stryker battling a T34 in Italy based on a photo and setup with civilian soft skins converted to military use piled on top of a burnt out Tiger... in winter !?!?!

Brilliant! It sounds just like my multi-campaign build!
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 07:10 AM UTC
Anybody got any ideas for a ribbon?
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 07:53 AM UTC
Pat, i can help with a ribbon. give me a few minutes here and i will post some idea for designs. cheers, bd.
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 08:22 AM UTC
here's some ideas for a ribbon. just a few quickly whipped up designs so please feel free to comment or ask for more ideas as it's not a problem to make them:

A

B

C

cheers, bd
ltb073
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 3,662 posts
Armorama: 3,078 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 11:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Meaty,
sounds like me but you forgot to throw in a KV tank chasing a Kiwi

Ribbons look good my vote is for the 1st one but will the detail show up when it is shrunk down to campaign size
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 11:18 AM UTC

Quoted Text

here's some ideas for a ribbon. just a few quickly whipped up designs so please feel free to comment or ask for more ideas as it's not a problem to make them:

A

B

C

cheers, bd

I like A, in fact I was working on something similar myself but C would probably "read" better when shrunk to 50x20 pixels
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 11:30 AM UTC
hang on...

...okay, here is some options for colours and how they look at 50x20 pixels for your review:

E

F

G

H

I

cheers, bd
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 12:00 PM UTC
Bruce: I was actually thinking of something along the lines of A as well. I suggest silhouetting the buildings in solid black and shrinking them away from the white bars a little.
It would also be cool to have the bg fading from a burning orange at the bottom to the blue color at the top. Of course that particular idea could come out looking pretty ugly too...

*edit: nvm, looks like you're already on top of it.

The buildings could use a thin white outline to help them stand out from the blue field. Are you using Photoshop?
Big-John
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 731 posts
Armorama: 711 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 05:53 PM UTC
I enlisted. I'm glad you are allowed models from other campains as I'm enlisted in 4 of them now. An idea popped in my head while driving to work today that would allow me to use the vehicles from 2 of the other campains.

I have enough stuff in my stash that I won't need to buy much to pull it off.

I’m thinking of an abandoned jadgtiger up against a building stuck on a pile of rubble.
milvehfan
Visit this Community
North Carolina, United States
KitMaker: 2,116 posts
Armorama: 1,080 posts
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 07:56 PM UTC
My 2 cents worth, I like Ribbon A. milvehfan
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 - 09:24 PM UTC
Bruce- thanks for that I uploaded one of your designs-I changed it slightly, hope you don't mind.
meaty_hellhound
Visit this Community
Alberta, Canada
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 - 04:04 AM UTC
happy to help out.

anyone got their ideas for their diorama scenes and what kits they may be considering?

cheers, bd.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 - 10:28 AM UTC

Quoted Text

happy to help out.

anyone got their ideas for their diorama scenes and what kits they may be considering?

cheers, bd.

Well if I don't go modern, I'm thinking of a Stalingrad Factory area scene with Soviet troops counter attacking past a derelict Soviet Tank from an earlier battle. I have some old pieces from the Great North Roads Factory ruin as well as the Form U Lay factory mould so I can produce as many of these as I want to

Miniart have a very interesting Factory Corner as well- to keep the miniart theme going

My other Idea is to portray US troops and a Tank advancing through a French or German town using a combination of Miniart and Scratchbuilt kits
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 - 05:17 PM UTC
I'm thinking about trying my hands at a modern dio, probably Iraq 2003. I am thinking a Dragon M1A1 or M1A2 accompanied by the new MB figures. I'm not sure what to do about a building however....

Any thoughts guys?
Big-John
Visit this Community
Ohio, United States
KitMaker: 731 posts
Armorama: 711 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 - 05:56 PM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm not sure what to do about a building however....

Any thoughts guys?

For Iraq, go with the classic shep Pain technique, Plywood structure covered with durahms water putty.
SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 07, 2010 - 09:19 PM UTC
I am in. Just signed up. I think I will go with a Grosny diorama, or maybe Arnhem, or maybe....

Looking forward to get started
melonhead
Visit this Community
Wisconsin, United States
KitMaker: 662 posts
Armorama: 457 posts
Posted: Friday, October 08, 2010 - 08:35 AM UTC
posted earlier in the other thread that started this campaign. figured i would show the idea i have going so far.

either US troops funning from german soldiers or russian troops running from german soldiers.
the size is where alot of constraint is for my build. doing 35th scale, its going to be somewhat large as it is. i want to try to keep it a smaller size so it doesnt take up alot of display space. but the pic will give a decent idea of my idea.

not sure of the tank type yet, but will have tank commander pointing out the us/russian troops running down the side streeet. 2 german soldiers firing from around the corner. and one german soldier going into the building doorway.will be adding a soldier jumping from the tank on the nearside.

obvuiously, this is all subject to change ...im glad this campaign came up. ive been needing an idea
Barbarossa
Visit this Community
United Kingdom
KitMaker: 216 posts
Armorama: 215 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 12:23 AM UTC
Hi Pat,

Count me in for this one!! Thoroughly enjoyed the 'Miniart' Campaign, so this ones now on the 'To Do' list.
Started recently using afew more Verlinden figures, so something from Arnhem is beckoning. Still have one project on the go, & one in the pipeline, so the timescale is perfect. Think this dio's gonna be too small to include any type of vehicle (unless a Kettenkrad perhaps) but will include the 4-5 figures required!!

Cheers for now,
SIMON.
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 01:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Think this dio's gonna be too small to include any type of vehicle (unless a Kettenkrad perhaps) but will include the 4-5 figures required!!

Glad you're on board- what about a bycycle ?
exer
Visit this Community
Dublin, Ireland
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 01:45 AM UTC

Quoted Text

I'm thinking about trying my hands at a modern dio, probably Iraq 2003. I am thinking a Dragon M1A1 or M1A2 accompanied by the new MB figures. I'm not sure what to do about a building however....

Any thoughts guys?

Jeremy what about something like this from DowntownDeco
anti-hero
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 420 posts
Armorama: 307 posts
Posted: Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 02:06 AM UTC
Isn't there usually an "Enlist" button on the rules page? When I go to that page off of the link proviced in post #1, I don't see a way to enlist ................................. Are you guys trying to tell me something???????
 _GOTOTOP