_GOTOBOTTOM
Dioramas: Making Bases
Discuss all aspects of making bases.
Hosted by Darren Baker
1:35 War at Pacific Rabaul (Jungle scene)
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 331 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 07:46 PM UTC
The second diorama of jungle scene that I has to make before end of this year is the scenery of Pacific war. I found one of the picture about this war in website and already forgot the name of this web. The picture use to reference as I post in this topic show about the atmosphere of jungle and US.soldiers in the sand bunker. It very catch to my eyes and that make me decide to do this diorama base. The work start scratch on today by cutting foam and making jungle trees. Please follow my step of this work and many thanks if any suggestions or comments to me. Have a nice day to all.

SGTJKJ
Visit this Community
Kobenhavn, Denmark
KitMaker: 10,069 posts
Armorama: 4,677 posts
Posted: Sunday, December 12, 2010 - 08:23 PM UTC
Looks like it is going to be an interesting project. It will definitely be an interesting diorama given the high elevation of the scene.

Looking forward to see more
retiredbee2
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 757 posts
Armorama: 518 posts
Posted: Monday, December 13, 2010 - 04:43 AM UTC
An interesting thing that you may note is that the mortar is facing as to fire over the hill from the back side. This is intentional so that the mortars are out of view from the enemy and cannot be engaged by line of sight weapons. Their fire patterns are directed by forward observers and fire direction controllers. This should make an interesting diorama........... ......Al
thanan
Visit this Community
Bangkok, Thailand / ไทย
KitMaker: 335 posts
Armorama: 331 posts
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 03:11 PM UTC
Thanks Jasper and Alfred very useful method and suggestions from both of you. The work and images can post soon please continue my work and have a nice day to all.
 _GOTOTOP