_GOTOBOTTOM
Figures
Military figures of all shapes and sizes.
REVIEW
Resicast Officer in Greatcoat
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2011 - 05:02 PM UTC
Alan McNeilly reviews Officer in Greatcoat, a new figure release from Resicast in their ever expanding British/Commonwealth series.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
CMOT
Staff MemberEditor-in-Chief
ARMORAMA
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 10,954 posts
Armorama: 8,571 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2011 - 06:50 PM UTC
Another good review Alan but that picture on the card of the figure does not do it justice, and could possibly result in me not buying it unless I looked at the product more closely.
AlanL
Visit this Community
England - East Anglia, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 14,499 posts
Armorama: 11,675 posts
Posted: Friday, March 04, 2011 - 09:03 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Another good review Alan but that picture on the card of the figure does not do it justice, and could possibly result in me not buying it unless I looked at the product more closely.

Hi Darren,

I'd agree there. it's not the most flattering picture. I was thinking of using him with my LRDG troops so I'll post up an alternative when I'm done.

The head might not be to everyones liking but given the context the figure was designed for it's actually quite appropriate as one might need to shout with a battery of 25pdr firing away .

Al
Plasticbattle
Visit this Community
Donegal, Ireland
KitMaker: 9,763 posts
Armorama: 7,444 posts
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 03:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Have to agree. In this day and age, where internet sales must be an important part of business for model companies, youŽd think they would put some effort into getting these figures painted well, and taking flatering photographs of them. Its obvious from AlanŽs images its a nice figure, but Id probably have skipped this if i was in a hurry ... going on the srtwork alone.
I was looking through some MK35 figures recently, and saw the same thing. The artwork was quite poor, but the figures were beautiful.
Thanks for the review Alan ... It goes to show that you should never judge a book by its cover.
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 04:03 AM UTC
Hi Frank,

Thanks. I got some paint on him this morning. If there is any half decent light tomorrow and I get a bit more done, I'll post up a pic.

Cheers

Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 12:24 AM UTC
Hi Frank,

This is one option I was thnking on, with KD trousers. I think I'd need to smooth or remove the pencil pocket on the trousers but with a Cap Comforter and a pair of binos he might make a neat figure.

The other option is normal BD trousers but I haven't decided yet where best to use him.

Not the worlds best figure painter but you can see it is a grand figure even form the WIP shots.

Excuse the messey background but my MAS boat is currently occupying my normal picture taking space.

Al
AlanL
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 01, 2011 - 10:27 PM UTC
Hi folks,

The figure in a more fitting scene. I opted for NWE in the end.

Al

_GOTOTOP