_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Modern - USA
Modern Armor, AFVs, and Support vehicles.
Hosted by Darren Baker
What stowage for Devils in Baggy Pants M1114?
kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 - 09:32 AM UTC
One of my nearest Humvee models will be well known M1114 from D Co, 2/504 PIR, 82nd ABN DIV 'Devils In Baggy Pants':

Can You help me with choosing a stowage for it? I want to make a little mess in crew and rear compartments. But I have no idea, what kind of stowage, personal weapons and personal gear can I put inside. Can You throw me some photos? Pointing at exact sets in 1/35th scale will be great. Thanks in advance
tnker101
Visit this Community
New York, United States
KitMaker: 117 posts
Armorama: 115 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 - 10:01 AM UTC
Stowage varied from based on the units SOP. My Platoon we had in the "trunK" a ice chest,at least 2 cases of water and MREs. Also a "dust off " marking kit (a ammo can with a marker flag, smoke flares) body bags and tool kits. The early M1114s had standard HUMVEE jacks, we found these would fail under the weight, so we purchased 10 ton floor jack from locals.Personnal gear was limited to a small issued assult pack. In the cab the spare ammo was tied down just behind the "gunners' platform. Due to limited space the medic was the only troop to keep has pack in the cab. Other gear in the cab was NVGs, clip boards etc... I know Blast models has come out with a kit that has an ice chest and some gear. Hope this will help.
18Bravo
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 7,219 posts
Armorama: 6,097 posts
Posted: Friday, May 13, 2011 - 02:15 PM UTC
Probably not dissimilar to what's being discussed in this thread:
(the real stuff, not the resin set)

https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/175868&page=1
fhvn4d
Visit this Community
Massachusetts, United States
KitMaker: 803 posts
Armorama: 564 posts
Posted: Saturday, May 14, 2011 - 12:25 AM UTC
Might I suggest some traffic cones somewhere, maybe a little C-wire, and a Towing bridle. Those items were standard equipment for my unit in case we had to set up a hasty traffic control point. The towing bridle was for ease of deployment in the event the truck went down in a bad area.
Water bottles, water bottles, water bottles. LOL, you could even make some yellow.... works great at 50 mph on Tampa. hahaha
baggypants504
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 10:10 AM UTC
That's my platoon! I think I remember you taking this pic back in Khandahar '05-'06 and saying you wanted to use it for a model.
Veridigm
Visit this Community
United States
KitMaker: 1 posts
Armorama: 1 posts
Posted: Saturday, February 11, 2017 - 08:35 PM UTC
Hey there, this was my unit in Afghanistan '05-'06! You have done an amazing job, right down to the boxes of liter water in the back! You might be interested to know that ours was the only unit in the country to have that paint scheme. It was pretty unauthorized, but our platoon sergeant at the time pretty much did what he wanted, haha.
To answer your question, common kit in the truck was a couple of ammo cans for the MK19 strapped to a rack centered on the rear wall, maybe a ruck sack in one of the rear footwells, the driver's M4 sitting somewhere, an open ammo can in the center console, centered on the radio mount, that we used for extra ammo mags, M67 grenades, smoke grenades, etc.
Also, what would it cost for you to make one just like this for a few of us who are interested? Thanks, and I hope the info helps!
kubisz
Visit this Community
Wojewodztwo Slaskie, Poland
KitMaker: 978 posts
Armorama: 977 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 01:06 PM UTC
Hello Matt and thanks a lot for Your answer. I've sent an e-mail to You.
jrutman
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 7,941 posts
Armorama: 7,934 posts
Posted: Sunday, February 12, 2017 - 07:13 PM UTC
So cool to see this thread because this was my company during Operation Just Cause and also Desert Shield and Storm. I was the 5th Platoon Daddy in Delta 2/504 and we had mixed armament of Tows,50cals and M19s.
From what has been described in previous posts,the internal gear stowage was not all that different. We did have an air mobile sling set but that was out of sight under one of the back seats.
And,yes,the rucks were all stowed outside the vehicles.
J
 _GOTOTOP