_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV
For discussions on tanks, artillery, jeeps, etc.
REVIEW
Decalcomaniacs Churchill decal set
c5flies
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,684 posts
Armorama: 2,938 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 01:30 PM UTC
Stefan Halter looks into Decalcomaniacs “Churchills, Stuart and Sexton” decal set.

Link to Item

If you have comments or questions please post them here.

Thanks!
Dutchy3RTR
Visit this Community
England - South West, United Kingdom
KitMaker: 340 posts
Armorama: 337 posts
Posted: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 10:04 PM UTC
Ouch - looks like that's a set to avoid.
TheGreatPumpkin
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 690 posts
Armorama: 672 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 06:03 AM UTC
Hi Guys,
Yes, there is a newer sheet in the works right now. The new sheet will be a 100% reload of the current sheet, basicly cleaned up and prepared for a slighlty different printing procedure. However, it's going to be a while before it sees the light of day due to a catastrophic illness in the family (my wife has breast cancer). This particular sheet was actually printed as a pdf file and I think over time, the image degrades. It may also be the printer I used which is an Alps rebuild. As to the screening of the colors (the dots), this is an unfortunate side-effect of the printing algorhythm of the printer and there isn't too much that can be done about it. Some reds, yellows and greens are the usual victims of this. Anyway, I hope to have these out later this year (if everything else works out). With luck Stephan should have them in his hands by the end of July, with production a little later.
Regards,
Georg Eyerman
Removed by original poster on 06/20/11 - 17:05:00 (GMT).
Dangeroo
Visit this Community
Zurich, Switzerland
KitMaker: 2,058 posts
Armorama: 1,656 posts
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2011 - 07:55 AM UTC
Georg, sorry to hear about your wife, all the best for a quick recovery! I knwo all too well what cancer can do.

As for the decals, as you know I thought highly of the other two, so I'm sure it's just because it's an older set. Looking forward to reviewing the new one. However, a review won't be in until early fall since we're moving to a new place later this summer.

Stefan
 _GOTOTOP