Campaigns
Where Armorama group builds can be discussed, organized, and updates posted.
Duel campaign idea
4-BO-Green
Visit this Community
Noord-Holland, Netherlands
KitMaker: 270 posts
Armorama: 230 posts
Posted: Monday, July 18, 2011 - 06:44 PM UTC
Hey guys,

This sounds fun! Especially with the buddy system... But i don't know if i want to join this one, because 2012 is going to be a verry busy year for me.
I have sign in for two campaings already...

In my stash i have a LA-7 from eduard and some resin and PE sets for this one
Dont know who wants to team up with me?

Regards,

Remco
GaryKato
Visit this Community
California, United States
KitMaker: 3,694 posts
Armorama: 2,693 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 05:46 AM UTC

Quoted Text

And thanks to Paul from Aeroscale, we’re at 10! I’m going to go ahead and submit the campaign now with the rules and clarifications as posted, though I think I can still modify them if it becomes necessary.

Hold off on that. The campaign submissions code is not working right now. Campaign submissions are not showing up to be approved.
MichaelSatin
Staff MemberCampaigns Administrator
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
KitMaker: 3,909 posts
Armorama: 510 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 07:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

And thanks to Paul from Aeroscale, we’re at 10! I’m going to go ahead and submit the campaign now with the rules and clarifications as posted, though I think I can still modify them if it becomes necessary.

Hold off on that. The campaign submissions code is not working right now. Campaign submissions are not showing up to be approved.

Gary,

Oops! Already submitted on Sunday. Do I need to submit again after things clear up?

Michael
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 11:35 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gary,

Oops! Already submitted on Sunday. Do I need to submit again after things clear up?

Michael

If it is like last time, you probably will. Last time new submissions were getting dropped for some reason.
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 12:48 PM UTC

Quoted Text

If it is like last time, you probably will. Last time new submissions were getting dropped for some reason.

OK, let me know when you're ready. Thanks!

Michael
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 5,854 posts
Armorama: 4,817 posts
Posted: Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 03:49 PM UTC
I'll be teaming up with one of the fine fellows here on the Armorama side, so I'm committed to this one for sure. We'll let you know which dueling pair we'll be building as soon as we come to a final decision.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Osprey will back this one up Michael
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 01:26 AM UTC
Jeremy,

I knew I could count on you!

Still waiting to hear from Osprey's marketing people. We'll see...

Michael
BigSmitty
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 597 posts
Armorama: 439 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 02:21 AM UTC
Count me in. I've always like the idea of "buddy builds" just never got in on one until now. Looks to be a ton of fun.
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
KitMaker: 1,716 posts
Armorama: 1,638 posts
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 02:47 AM UTC
Ok after reading this i am in ... been way to long since i have built a dio with two tanks on it and i've got plenty of WWII armour in the pile ..this sounds like fun
If i remember rightly i am pretty sure i have at least 2 Osprey V's books on my comp ..not bragging up i think i have nearly 100 military books on my comp

Oh one question Michael it dosen't matter if some one or a team build the same photo does it ? wouldnt think it would as there is many different levels of cool in the model world

Now i have to find a pick of a Sherman firefly wacking a German tank ..got the Tasca VC and this would be prefect for it hehe
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 11:41 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Oh one question Michael it dosen't matter if some one or a team build the same photo does it ? wouldnt think it would as there is many different levels of cool in the model world

Phill,

If I understand your question correctly, the answer is no. Both models do not need to be from the same photo or even pictured in the book as long as they fit the parameters covered in the book.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions you may have!

Michael
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 12:30 PM UTC
Just had a look through my files on my comp and it turns out i have 3 of the vs books and at least five other Osprey books lol .
The 3 vs books are M3 Medium tank vs Panzer III ... Sherman Firefly vs Tiger and Panther vs T34 ..so my choices are pretty good
I know which one i will be doing tho .. Firefly vs Tiger since i already have those models in the pile
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 03:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Gary,

Any news on the submission process yet?

Michael
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 07:38 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Quoted Text

Gary,

Any news on the submission process yet?

Michael

I'm afraid not. I will send a PM when things are OK. Every once in a while I submit a fake campaign and none have shown up for approval.
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 08:12 AM UTC
I wouldn't have a problem if this campaign had to start off unofficial until things could be sorted. That may be a headache for you though Michael.
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 09:56 AM UTC
The campaign will be approved once everything is working right. No real hurry since the campaign won't start until January. As a matter of fact since this campaign involves pairing people up, there is quite a lot that needs to be done up front.
Klinker
Visit this Community
Tasmania, Australia
KitMaker: 369 posts
Armorama: 352 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 12:20 PM UTC
Tiger Vs Firefly......
Jeremy and myself have decided (negotiated ) to build the FireFly Vs Tiger Duel,
with Jeremy building the Firefly, while I build the Tiger1.
Really looking forward to this build just need to order the book now ...
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 04:12 PM UTC
Hold tight on ordering the book, there is a chance that Osprey may choose to sponsor this so let's see what they choose to do.

I'll have my Firefly waiting on the workbench

WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 04:34 PM UTC
This starting to sounds like a couples only campaign lol .. I take it its still find for single builders to join ?
vonHengest
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 06:15 PM UTC
Lol Phill you can do whatever you want bud
Michael set it up so that you can build as a team or go solo, either way it's going to be a cool campaign
ppawlak1
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,973 posts
Armorama: 1,843 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 06:20 PM UTC

Quoted Text

This starting to sounds like a couples only campaign lol .. I take it its still find for single builders to join ?

What were you thinking of building Phil ?

Maybe we could team up ?

Cheers

Paul
WARDUKWNZ
Visit this Community
Auckland, New Zealand
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 08:05 PM UTC
Hey ya Paul .. I got a Dargon late Tiger 1 and a Tasca Sherman Firefly sitting in my model pile which needs a reason to be built ..this duel campaign would be the prefect reason to build them ..but if its a teams only build then my plans will be changed ..never been a fan of my plans being changed and that Sherman and Tiger need to be built since i've had them for so long now lol ..but from the get go i was pretty sure its both ..teams and singles ..waiting to find out which is which and then i'll decide from there what i'm gonna do
ppawlak1
Visit this Community
Victoria, Australia
KitMaker: 1,973 posts
Armorama: 1,843 posts
Posted: Friday, July 22, 2011 - 08:26 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Hey ya Paul .. I got a Dargon late Tiger 1 and a Tasca Sherman Firefly sitting in my model pile which needs a reason to be built ..this duel campaign would be the prefect reason to build them ..but if its a teams only build then my plans will be changed ..never been a fan of my plans being changed and that Sherman and Tiger need to be built since i've had them for so long now lol ..but from the get go i was pretty sure its both ..teams and singles ..waiting to find out which is which and then i'll decide from there what i'm gonna do

I have both Dragon's Wittman (Last) Tiger and also a Tasca Firefly to build.

I won't build both for this Campaign, so if I can do one (preferably the Firefly), that'll be the go.

Building two models for 1 Campaign will have a low completion rate I think.

We had about a 33 % completion rate in the Sherman Campaign (with 152 enrolled).

Cheers

Paul
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 03:53 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Phill,

Fear not, you can indeed enter as a solo and build both models yourself. And I, for one, have faith in you being able to finish each of them

Michael
MichaelSatin
AEROSCALE
Visit this Community
Colorado, United States
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 04:15 AM UTC
This is great! More people continue to express interest:

Sean Hadfield / Windysean armorama
Simon Heatherwood / RedDuster ModelShipwrights
Jim Adams / Goldenpony ModelShipwrights
Pedro Rocha / rochaped
Paul P /ppawlak1 Armorama
Jesper / SGTJKJ Armorma but interested in aircraft (P-51 vs Fw190)
Brian Kucks / bilko Armorama but planning an Fw200
Eoin Ryan Armorama
Michael Satin
Paul / ludwig113 Aeroscale
Remco / 4-BO-Green Armorama but looking at a La-7
Jeremy H / vonHengest Armorama
Matt Smith / BigSmitty Armorama
Phill / WARDUKWNZ Armorama

And we actually have two teams already:

Sean and Jesper: P-51 vs Fw190
Duncan and Jeremy: Tiger 1 vs Firefly

Interestingly, the first two Duel books! Coincidence? Maybe…

Anyway, I’m still not able to formally submit this as a Campaign since Gary Kato tells me that the software is down at the moment. I’m pretty confident it will be approved at this point though, so feel free to act like we’re a go and start pairing up if you’d like, I’m doing my best to keep track of everyone.

This does lead to a small issue though: It’s getting kind of difficult to keep track of (and post on) three separate threads on three separate sites. Should we pick one (Aeroscale, Armorama or ModelShipwrights) and use that as the “official” thread? As I think about it, probably not yet since I want to keep it as open as possible to new members finding us and joining in, but it’s something to consider once the campaign actually starts.

Meanwhile, I haven’t heard anything from Osprey yet. I’m just a little leery of actually asking them for prizes or anything, I don’t want to turn this into a contest. I’d rather keep it on the “amateur” level so we can all do this for fun. But let’s see if they want to get on board and, if so, what (if anything) they want to do. As always, I’ll keep you all posted! Thanks for the lively start!!

Michael
GaryKato
Visit this Community
Posted: Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 06:08 AM UTC

Quoted Text

This does lead to a small issue though: It’s getting kind of difficult to keep track of (and post on) three separate threads on three separate sites. Should we pick one (Aeroscale, Armorama or ModelShipwrights) and use that as the “official” thread? As I think about it, probably not yet since I want to keep it as open as possible to new members finding us and joining in, but it’s something to consider once the campaign actually starts.

I would suggest picking where to have the main thread, then putting a link to that on the threads in the other sites and having the campaign manager there lock the thread.