_GOTOBOTTOM
Armor/AFV: Allied - WWII
Armor and ground forces of the Allied forces during World War II.
Hosted by Darren Baker
Dear God, do I love Commander's Models!
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
KitMaker: 1,381 posts
Armorama: 1,347 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 10:21 AM UTC
Been planning to scratchbuild this baby and instead, someone did all the work and cast it in some lovely resin for me!

As an aside, I also love the philosophy of their company. Build it and, if I screw it up, they'll replace the parts that I screwed up gratis. You can't beat that and I think that's one reason i always recommend them to resin newbies. Scared of investing >$100 in a kit and messing it up? No problem here! Now, if they'd just do a darned IS-4 I could die happy. . .

Mat
1.90E_31
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 12:11 PM UTC
Give us some time. We just finished this...

ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 02:09 PM UTC
Very well, I'll be amazingly patient and give you until Christmas. If you could have the IS-7 out for April (my birthday) that would be great. . . Joking aside, the T-23 is a lovely kit indeed and that T-10 will be nice and quickly purchased. If you all ever need any reference material on either of those IS tanks, I've been accumulating a fair amount of blueprints, detail drawings, and photos of both in prep for future scratchbvuilds. Besides, i desperately need the IS-4 to provide Allied counterparts to all the bloody Heer 1946 models I keep buying!

Matt
kampfy
Visit this Community
Texas, United States
KitMaker: 198 posts
Armorama: 161 posts
Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2011 - 04:32 PM UTC

Quoted Text

Give us some time. We just finished this...

Is that a T10M I see?
redleg12
Visit this Community
New Jersey, United States
KitMaker: 872 posts
Armorama: 831 posts
Posted: Sunday, September 25, 2011 - 01:49 AM UTC
Just picked up their M37. Another work of art. I will be having fun assembling that one!!

Rounds Complete!!
1.90E_31
Visit this Community
Tennessee, United States
KitMaker: 252 posts
Armorama: 154 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 - 06:29 AM UTC
Matt O, yes, this is a T-10, and as soon as the KPVT is done, we'll start working on producing it. Matt F, look to the late fall, early winter for the T-10 to appear, and I do have the IS-4 information already. Ted thought at first they were the T-10 info, but the big Cyrillic IS-4 label on them gave us a clue that we were mistaken...

In the mean time, I just have to find more info on the M45 155mm howitzer...

Jon
ianclasper
Visit this Community
Washington, United States
KitMaker: 227 posts
Armorama: 141 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 - 07:33 AM UTC
Interesting, both the T23 and the M37 are listed as TBA on their website and both lack a price !

Quoted Text

Just picked up their M37. Another work of art. I will be having fun assembling that one!!

Rounds Complete!!

SEDimmick
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 1,745 posts
Armorama: 1,483 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 - 08:03 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Interesting, both the T23 and the M37 are listed as TBA on their website and both lack a price !

They aren't completely done yet...They haven't printed the directions yet. Ted will send them to you with any PE (if any needed)...I did this back at the AMPS Nationals with the M2A1 Medium.

I got myself the T23, M7 Medium and the T3 Christie conversion this weekend at AMPS East. I held off on the M6 Heavy Tank, but might treat myself to that one down the road.

Its also nice to see Commanders' casting quality have a marked improvement over the past couple years too...
ninjrk
Visit this Community
Alabama, United States
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 - 09:09 AM UTC

Quoted Text

Matt O, yes, this is a T-10, and as soon as the KPVT is done, we'll start working on producing it. Matt F, look to the late fall, early winter for the T-10 to appear, and I do have the IS-4 information already. Ted thought at first they were the T-10 info, but the big Cyrillic IS-4 label on them gave us a clue that we were mistaken...
Jon

Awesome! The IS-4 has long been a bit of an obsession of mine, particularly after getting stiffed after purchasing one of the Navigator kits several years back. Personally, i also think it's just a darned pretty tank too

Fortunately, the T23 will tide me over. the more I look at the kit, the more impressed I am. Especially because of how much of the interior is molded with so few over-all pieces. I wish you could convince/train Dragon or Trumpeter to do their kits as nicely as yours.

Matt
redleg12
Visit this Community
KitMaker: 872 posts
Armorama: 831 posts
Posted: Monday, September 26, 2011 - 01:18 PM UTC
Jon - Email me on the M44 155mm Howitzer....I have some help if you need it

Rounds Complete!!
Jacques
Visit this Community
Minnesota, United States
KitMaker: 4,630 posts
Armorama: 4,498 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 03:53 AM UTC
VERY happy to see the T-10 and hear the IS-4 is forthcoming. I was able to obtain both Navigator kits of the same and...they are rough to put it nicely. If there is anything on the Navigator kits that would be of help, I am willing to help.
mecanix
Visit this Community
Kerry, Ireland
KitMaker: 201 posts
Armorama: 189 posts
Posted: Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 10:39 PM UTC
Jon,
Any idea of the timescale for that M44?
Always been high on my list.
regards
qcarr1
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 10:25 PM UTC
Hi Matt,

I know this is an old thread, but I'm very interested in the T23 kit... I have a few questions:

1. Have you built it and, if so, do you have any photos?
2. How hard do you think it would be to convert the kit into a T23E4 (the HVSS version)?
3. Is the kit worth the hefty price tag?

Thanks!
jasegreene
Visit this Community
Florida, United States
KitMaker: 751 posts
Armorama: 751 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 10:48 PM UTC
I will have to give them another look this weekend,these look worth it.
pespada
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 65 posts
Armorama: 60 posts
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2015 - 11:44 PM UTC
I have a very good relationship with Commander Models and Ted Paris. I love the subject matter this company has addressed. However, I will say that their kits (the most recent castings anyway) are not easy builds. I just finished the M1 Combat Car and am just finishing up the T7 Scout Car. Granted, I wanted to do a lot of superdetailing and finishing, but it took a great deal of work to straighten and fix a number of bubbles in the castings, and get substitutes for some many of the parts that were just not well-cast (small pieces that were cast hollow and fell apart). I have asked for substitute parts (on three occasions) and the service was excellent, though. They were prompt and understanding, and maintained good communications throughout.
qcarr1
Visit this Community
Vermont, United States
KitMaker: 67 posts
Armorama: 67 posts
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2015 - 12:49 AM UTC
Good to know, Peter, thanks! I'm pretty much a novice, but really do want a model of the T23E4 or T23E3.
KurtLaughlin
Visit this Community
Pennsylvania, United States
KitMaker: 2,402 posts
Armorama: 2,377 posts
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2015 - 04:37 AM UTC

Quoted Text

. . . It took a great deal of work to straighten and fix a number of bubbles in the castings, and get substitutes for some many of the parts that were just not well-cast (small pieces that were cast hollow and fell apart). I have asked for substitute parts (on three occasions) . . .

Regardless of how nice or responsive the company may be, at what point do you say, "If they aren't going to take the time to cull the scrap pieces out of their kits, why should I" and send it back for a refund?

I'm curious: Just how difficult is it to look over the items you are selling, remove the defective parts, and replace them with good ones?

I wonder if we would hear more complaints if most resin kits didn't just pass from owner to owner for fifteen years until the guy who buys it out of a box under a vendor's table for $3 looks at it closely and finally tosses it in trash . . .

KL
 _GOTOTOP